Jimi Hendrix - The Authorized Hendrix Family Edition (vinyl pressings)

So for a casual fan who’s familiar with the 3 Experience albums, what’s a logical next album or two to explore?
Sticking my neck out here, because everyone willhave their opinion and Hendrix die-hards can get pretty passionate about it - so my suggestion is next up should be Band of Gypsies, because it is a core release during his lifetime. Then I would get Berkeley and Atlanta Pop. After that, the big one is Winterland, an 8LP set. You have a pretty good representation with those. Finally, I would get New Rays and Valleys of Neptune, because they are the best representations of his final studio work.

of the newer recent (non 3 essential) Hendrix family approved albums, which would you choose next after those 3 ? (ps I also have Atlanta Pop)

I’ll say it again. Cry of Love is still the best posthumous album.

Also @JohnnyCashFan what do you mean by three, they’ve done five.

I’ve probably listened to Blues more than any other release.

As far as live, I agree with @RHANDMJ Wintwrland is amazing, less expensive go for Berkeley.

The Electric Ladyland copy I was shipped is a 2010 pressing. Seems fairly dated IMO for Taget inventory. Sounds fantastic.
Is this the same release everyone's seeing?

The one you've linked to is numbered. Is that what you have? I have this one, looks like it's the same pressing, but not numbered:

The one you've linked to is numbered. Is that what you have? I have this one, looks like it's the same pressing, but not numbered:

Ah. Mine is not numbered but has the same etchings. Thanks for clarifying.

given the package I got today from @avecigrec and The Rainbow Bridge that also arrived, I only have People, Hell and Angels left to have a complete set of the Estate studio releases. I have one of those on Back Order from the Authentic site (didn't realize it was a back order at the time - but think this must mean a repress is eminent.) I have Monterey and Berkley also on the way, so I've already started my live collection.

All right, I am at a crossroads - purple box aside - I have all the estate approved studio stuff.

So, does anyone have experience with the Dagger stuff on vinyl? The only Dagger release I have is the Live at Oakland Colosseum cd which is an amateur mono recording of a show. It’s is pretty low quality. Doesn’t look like any of their live stuff is on CD. Just the demo stuff. Is it worth having on vinyl or should I just focus on all the live official stuff next?

I bought this the day it was released my sophomore year of college. It's collected from different shows but I find it well constructed and very enjoyable. I Don't Live Today is a beaut. While it hasn't been in print for a while, you can have it on the cheap...

I’ll say it again. Cry of Love is still the best posthumous album.

I'll say it with you.

Also - just go ahead and get the purple velvet box. I don't think the box is velvet anymore, but the music is.

It...
a) warms my heart your old man ass is now getting into Hendrix
b) shocks me your old man ass is just now getting into Hendrix
c) both a and b

I bought this the day it was released my sophomore year of college. It's collected from different shows but I find it well constructed and very enjoyable. I Don't Live Today is a beaut. While it hasn't been in print for a while, you can have it on the cheap...

I'll say it with you.

Also - just go ahead and get the purple velvet box. I don't think the box is velvet anymore, but the music is.

It...
a) warms my heart your old man ass is now getting into Hendrix
b) shocks me your old man ass is just now getting into Hendrix
c) both a and b
I mean, i have almost everything on cd. I've just been digging into the vinyl recently after reading the 33 1/3 for Electric Ladyland.

Back