Jimi Hendrix - The Authorized Hendrix Family Edition (vinyl pressings)

I have a feeling it will still be around whenever the next sale is.. It comes and goes every sale the last few years which I know because I go back and forth every time but never can quite pull the trigger haha

Mostly because I heard all the extras and honestly like you said they're not something i'll listen to realistically more then 1-2 times for the rest of my life. The early takes were kind of a cool l 1 time listen but the concert is subpar quality and underwhelming imo from the FLAC files I heard and i've read the same about the actual vinyl as well.

Saying that...... I still badly want that lustrous BG version of the main album and it's frustrating this is the only way to get it other then dropping 100+ on the UHQR. I wish I could justify the extras more to make it worth it but i'll probably end up grabbing it if nothing happens on the BG standalone version since it's been 4-5 years now with nothing.
There is no UHQR. Maybe one day... but that will be 3x the box price

There is no UHQR. Maybe one day... but that will be 3x the box price
Duh, my bad.. I have no idea why but for years now I get the Electric Ladyland and Are You Experienced releases mixed up especially with the Marino and BG cuts. Yeah, even if it did get a UHQR release I likely wouldn't go after it so the box is looking more and more tempting as time passes.

I was curious to hear the 5.1 version of the album on the same disc so I just noticed the place I grabbed that also had that doc as 2 300mb MPG's so I went ahead and grabbed them for you and uploading right now.. I'll throw you a PM with the links! If anyone else wants it you're more then welcome to message me as well.
This is Classic Albums, which I do have. I think the one that comes with the Deluxe Box Set is a fresh/new documentary ? But thank you!

This is Classic Albums, which I do have. I think the one that comes with the Deluxe Box Set is a fresh/new documentary ? But thank you!
It should be the correct one as I got it from someone that ripped all the contents from the 2018 box and all the audio is def. right but I will say the video files only add up to about 1 hour and it says on the box it's 1 hour 20 minutes so that's kind of strange. Sorry about that!

I have a feeling it will still be around whenever the next sale is.. It comes and goes every sale the last few years which I know because I go back and forth every time but never can quite pull the trigger haha

Mostly because I heard all the extras and honestly like you said they're not something i'll listen to realistically more then 1-2 times for the rest of my life. The early takes were kind of a cool l 1 time listen but the concert is subpar quality and underwhelming imo from the FLAC files I heard and i've read the same about the actual vinyl as well.

Saying that...... I still badly want that lustrous BG version of the main album and it's frustrating this is the only way to get it other then dropping 100+ on the UHQR. I wish I could justify the extras more to make it worth it but i'll probably end up grabbing it if nothing happens on the BG standalone version since it's been 4-5 years now with nothing.
They added it back into stock as soon as the sale ended haha. I think you’re right that it will be back if/when the sale comes back!

It should be the correct one as I got it from someone that ripped all the contents from the 2018 box and all the audio is def. right but I will say the video files only add up to about 1 hour and it says on the box it's 1 hour 20 minutes so that's kind of strange. Sorry about that!
well, if it's off the DVD in the box set they must be the same ?

well, if it's off the DVD in the box set they must be the same ?

It should be but I will say he had both a huge 30-40gb iso of the entire disc and then some separate video files as well so maybe he threw those in there for convenience to people that didn't want the full disc and they're the older version which would be odd but at least kind of make sense. Now that you pointed it out it also doesn't really look very remastered either.

The discussion of EL Marino vs BG peaked my interest. I just compared the blue Newbury to the BG. I really loved the blue Newbury and hadn’t heard this album sound so good…….. until I put on the BG. Holy smokes the BG is amazing. Like straight 🔥. In a different league…..

The discussion of EL Marino vs BG peaked my interest. I just compared the blue Newbury to the BG. I really loved the blue Newbury and hadn’t heard this album sound so good…….. until I put on the BG. Holy smokes the BG is amazing. Like straight 🔥. In a different league…..
Tips hat. Raises glass. Cheers🍺

2 records for the ELL outtakes.
What a range from Unplugged to electric???
So damn good.🎸🎵

Very impressed.

I'll shut up now until others can send their feedback.

Last edited:
Back