Jimi Hendrix - The Authorized Hendrix Family Edition (vinyl pressings)

I'm streaming Blues right now to see if I need it. Just skimming and I wish there were more tracks like the acoustic opener. That was really cool and a different Hendrix sound than I'm used to.

Yeah, that track to me is by far the stand out track on that album. If the whole album was him doing acoustic blues it would be freaking amazing.
Yeah, well that doesn't exist. Blues is a really nice comp, but that's all it is. The essential stuff are those first three albums. Then you just figure out what configuration you want of everything else... Cry of Love and Rainbow Bridge hit all the highlights of the studio stuff. Most of the rest of it is just for the die-hards. I love Hendrix, and I'll probably grab most of the live stuff, but he could be really inconsistent because well he was high and doing a lot of crazy stuff most of the time.

Are the differences between the UK and US Are You Experienced pronounced enough to need both? Oddly for me I have just the US, I generally always prefer to have my “local” release, and I’m debating whether I really need the UK version too…

The UHQR AYE reviews are coming in positive.
Surprised to see people comparing the 2014 pressing. Looks like it is holding up fairly well during listening sessions.

Anyone have the UHQR here and have thoughts?

Are the differences between the UK and US Are You Experienced pronounced enough to need both? Oddly for me I have just the US, I generally always prefer to have my “local” release, and I’m debating whether I really need the UK version too…
It’s a different track list.
US:
E2EBBA7D-DA42-453E-BB25-5F5563AA0276.png

UK
4A38531C-D63A-4B4F-8A5B-B06FE501AC9A.png

Yeah I know that. Is it worth owning both is more the debate I’m having with myself right now.
The mono version of the UK is rawer… kind of like the difference between the two versions of In Utero. I read lots of reviews that said it was a bad master. I don’t think it is, I think it is just grimy.

I was listening to the Miami Pop Festival show earlier and it dawned on me that I think part of this recent deep dive is a new appreciation for the Blues since I last really dove into him. I'm finding a lot of satisfaction in different renditions of Hey Joe or Red House....

Thank you @cul8er @Skalap @Joe Mac and @AnthonyI for your input! ♥️

I’ll definitely be buying his first only three studio albums then, and will get the Authorized Hendrix Family Edition pressings! 😇

of the newer recent (non 3 essential) Hendrix family approved albums, which would you choose next after those 3 ? (ps I also have Atlanta Pop)

Experience, axis and ladyland are all essential. outside of those, band of gypsies and blues. everything else is gravy IMO. (really good gravy, but none of it is as essential or riveting as those 5.)

Going on record... (Pun)
Blues is better than Axis.
I really love blues more than axis, but I disagree with this. Objectively Axis is more classic and has had a larger influence. Experience and ladyland give it stiff competition but those three are unassailable and indeniably head and shoulders above the rest of the catalog

Back