Jimi Hendrix - The Authorized Hendrix Family Edition (vinyl pressings)

NathanRicaud

Hi, I was wondering, are these 180g “Authorized Hendrix Family Edition” pressings, which seem to be analog remasters, high quality pressings?

They seem to be very affordable too, and are 180g on top!

Do these reissues sound great? Here are some pictures to let you know exactly which ones I’m referring to!

Would love everyone to give me their thoughts on how they sound! Also, it’s seems like the consensus is stereo > mono with Jimi Hendrix studio album vinyl pressings!

Can’t upload a picture of the sticker, but the stickers are a sunset yellow and purple colour, and at the top of them they say “The Authorized Hendrix Family Edition” in purple writing (with the sunset yellow background).

Hi, I was wondering, are these 180g “Authorized Hendrix Family Edition” pressings, which seem to be analog remasters, high quality pressings?

They seem to be very affordable too, and are 180g on top!

Do these reissues sound great? Here are some pictures to let you know exactly which ones I’m referring to!

Would love everyone to give me their thoughts on how they sound! Also, it’s seems like the consensus is stereo > mono with Jimi Hendrix studio album vinyl pressings!
@NathanRicaud I have a few of them and have no complaints, they sound really good ;)

Can’t upload a picture of the sticker, but the stickers are a sunset yellow and purple colour, and at the top of them they say “The Authorized Hendrix Family Edition” in purple writing (with the sunset yellow background).

I have his first two albums (Are You Experienced and Axis: Bold As Love) in mono from that collection. Both sound excellent! I haven't picked up Electric Ladyland yet but I'm pretty sure that it can only be got in stereo.

R-8541806-1463686535-2457.jpeg.jpg

I have the three main records and all three sound good.

Yes. They are quite good. The only one I don’t have with a sticker on it in my collection is Band of Gypsys, but I have all three Experience Albums, Blues and whatever the name of the last posthumous album (comp) was called. They’re all flat, dynamic and quiet in the right spots. Wish I could say the same for Band of Gypsys...

tl;dr dog piling on the buy with confidence.

are you saying the new Band of Gypsys reissue doesn't sound good?
The one I have is okay.
I would define the authorized as grab! Worth it even at retail. I got this for like $12 and I’m not upset but it’s not a no brainer.

The one I have is okay.
I would define the authorized as grab! Worth it even at retail. I got this for like $12 and I’m not upset but it’s not a no brainer.
cool i have the same pressing bought it off ebay for $9 shipped some yrs. back for what i paid i agree it's a decent pressing nothing great.i want the new Hendrix estate reissue just waiting for it go on sale like all the others have.i don't know if i can hold out tho as it's my fav Hendrix.

Last edited:
cool i have the same pressing bought it off ebay for $9 shipped some yrs. back for what i paid i agree it's a decent pressing nothing great.i want the new Hendrix estate reissue just waiting for it go on sale like all the others have.i don't know if i can hold out tho as it's my fav Hendrix.
I was not aware that the estate had finally got this. I would be interested in replacing the one I have too

Some of the best consistent values in vinyl over the last few years imo. They get super cheap but sound great.

I wish they'd release the new Bernie Grundman cut of Electric Ladyland as a standalone release though since the only way to get it currently is to buy the deluxe 6lp version. I've heard it a few times now and think it could become my new favorite way to hear it.

Back