Jazz

And for anyone liking this, several others that were released as Japanese RSD releases a few years ago have just been reissued/repackaged at a more budget friendly price.
View attachment 165293
I picked these up but all the Terumasa Hino titles that I bought at the time have had the same budget treatment. They’re the same releases including the Obi in plastic resealable bags that then have a new j-card wrapped around them and are sealed in a second resealable bag! Juno’s carrying them in the UK but your local stockists of Japanese stuff probably has them in too.
Ooh gotta look for these too now…

These are on vinyl? I knew this Nippon Jazz Spirits serie and it's like the third time they release these albums on CD but never heard of any vinyl release.
Yeah, vinyl. Not added to discogs yet, not sure if they will be because the J-Card has a new barcode but the record and OBI seem to be the same as the 2021 releases with their barcode.
How’s Green River sound, I’ve got a Clay reissue from 1985 that’s fine.I’m not familiar with the other 2.
Just arrived yesterday so I haven't had a chance to listen, I'll let you know though.

The four new barcodes for anyone searching are below with links to Amazon.co.jp:
4526180639060 - Water Weed (UVWA-3062)
4526180639121 - Clay (UVWA-3068)
4526180639053 - Message to Chicago (UVWA-3061)
4526180639114 - Green River (UVWA-3067)

There's a url on the J-Card that seems dead at the moment but may have more details on the collection if it ever goes live - http://www.ultra-vybe.co.jp/wajazzcp2023/

Last edited:
Yeah, vinyl. Not added to discogs yet, not sure if they will be because the J-Card has a new barcode but the record and OBI seem to be the same as the 2021 releases with their barcode.

Just arrived yesterday so I haven't had a chance to listen, I'll let you know though.

The four new barcodes for anyone searching are below with links to Amazon.co.jp:
4526180639060 - Water Weed (UVWA-3062)
4526180639121 - Clay (UVWA-3068)
4526180639053 - Message to Chicago (UVWA-3061)
4526180639114 - Green River (UVWA-3067)

There's a url on the J-Card that seems dead at the moment but may have more details on the collection if it ever goes live - http://www.ultra-vybe.co.jp/wajazzcp2023/

Thank you! I usually check for new releases on Disk Union and saw they were releasing this serie on CD again but there were no mention of vinyl releases. Let me know how they sound, especially Clay and Green River. I hope they will release more albums in this serie on vinyl. I don't expect them to sound bad.

I did a quick search and they indeed released 8 records on vinyl, those you listed that were released for RSD in the last years. I may grab Clay and Green River, they were a bit overpriced at my locals. I bought all the others when they came out.

Takeo Moriyama - Green River (Enja Records, OTS 242, Japan, 2021/2023 reissue)

D4D28851-9A56-4FCF-8692-ED615299847A.jpeg

Zero complaints on sound quality here. Great packaging too. These honestly look just like overstock from RSD21 that they’ve repackaged into a series. Even the barcode and release date on the Obi is the same as the 2021 release, only the J-Card has the new barcode.

95541BEF-DB3F-4D6E-85D4-7C74A99A00D6.jpeg

Empyrian isles

This Blue Note Classic Vinyl Edition is stereo, all-analog, mastered by Kevin Gray from the original master tapes, and pressed on 180g vinyl at Optimal.

i just wish they would do more of them in mono in general, not even specifically this title. the From The Original Master Tapes Disk Union series was mono and they all sound amazing. I prefer most of those to their stereo counterparts i own.

I thought I read that Chad Kassem hated Alice Coltrane so this is interesting to see.
I think Chad eventually bowed to the mild pressure to expand his mind.

However, tape source here is questionable. All the Alice masters went up in smoke, but that doesn't mean there are no copy tapes in the world.

The Ron McMaster 1997 was the last time the true master was used. I have that one, and honestly even though this reissue is exciting, I probably won't bite. The 1997 is exceptional.

I think it’s been on preorder at AS for at least a couple years, and I think it’s still not set for release until January 2024 according to the video posted above. Not sure of reason for delay but have assumed a rights issue of some kind.
No rights issue, since this is a UMG owned series. My guess is that there may be an issue finding a decent analog tape.

Back