Jazz

It’s not. The Craft box was digital. This is AAA cut by Bernie pressed at RTI
Right. The 2018 set doesn't sound terrible, but compared to the earlier AAA Doug Sax (shame that I got rid of that one long ago) it does. The Hoffmanized AP is inferior, but the controversy over the 2018 box stems from Fremer's claim that the high end was not rolled as it should have been, resulting in un-natural highs and thin sax tone. Not sure I buy in to that completely (Hoffman rolled the highs off too much, blunting it).

I wish they would stop trying to cash grab this one. Just issue an AAA single disc.

Ah nice one, thanks for the tag. I've been lucky enough to complete my Garrick discography now so im all set.

What I would say is that 70 euros seems really high for this one. Its not a particularly sought-after title and does come up for sale every few months or so on ebay for less than this. I paid £25 for it a couple of years ago.

Ah nice one, thanks for the tag. I've been lucky enough to complete my Garrick discography now so im all set.

What I would say is that 70 euros seems really high for this one. Its not a particularly sought-after title and does come up for sale every few months or so on ebay for less than this. I paid £25 for it a couple of years ago.

To be honest I didn't check the price but remembered you posting some of his stuff.

Last edited:
Makes sense! Will be cheaper too!

This mono series is great if you can still find them for cheap:

Think someone posted a few in the deals thread. Lots of other recs too for most of his more popular albums.
I’m sad we next got this box set on vinyl though the individual mono releases are superb

I’m sad we next got this box set on vinyl though the individual mono releases are superb
I’m kinda glad it was broken out without a box to be honest. Box sets seem to cost more nowadays and some boxes will have exclusives you can only get in the boxes. These have been cheap for so long and I still often see the monos in shops near me

The first vinyl release from the British Progressive Jazz label, which is run by Matt Parker formally of Jazz In Britain, arrived today "The Keith Tippett Group – How Long This Time? Live 1970". A day early as well which is always a pleasant surprise. A killer release from The Keith Tippett Group which now increases their releases to 3 in total. I'm fortunate enough to have the other 2 as well so I will be binging this weekend!

IMG_2024.JPG

b7f693e9-222b-bd60-1b20-0ae924d49749.jpeg

This is getting a repress from BBE, jump on it if you haven't got it and like your jazz with a bit of attitude. Sample HERE .https://bbemusic.bandcamp.com/album/east-plants

b7f693e9-222b-bd60-1b20-0ae924d49749.jpeg

This is getting a repress from BBE, jump on it if you haven't got it and like your jazz with a bit of attitude. Sample HERE .https://bbemusic.bandcamp.com/album/east-plants
And for anyone liking this, several others that were released as Japanese RSD releases a few years ago have just been reissued/repackaged at a more budget friendly price.
5B199120-B6F0-4BD0-8ACF-BD8A1D8ABB58.jpeg
I picked these up but all the Terumasa Hino titles that I bought at the time have had the same budget treatment. They’re the same releases including the Obi in plastic resealable bags that then have a new j-card wrapped around them and are sealed in a second resealable bag! Juno’s carrying them in the UK but your local stockists of Japanese stuff probably has them in too.

And for anyone liking this, several others that were released as Japanese RSD releases a few years ago have just been reissued/repackaged at a more budget friendly price.
View attachment 165293
I picked these up but all the Terumasa Hino titles that I bought at the time have had the same budget treatment. They’re the same releases including the Obi in plastic resealable bags that then have a new j-card wrapped around them and are sealed in a second resealable bag! Juno’s carrying them in the UK but your local stockists of Japanese stuff probably has them in too.

These are on vinyl? I knew this Nippon Jazz Spirits serie and it's like the third time they release these albums on CD but never heard of any vinyl release.

How’s Green River sound, I’ve got a Clay reissue from 1985 that’s fine.I’m not familiar with the other 2.
View attachment 165293

Back