TTL Exclusive:

HHV Exclusive:

VMP Exclusive:

Last edited:
Cross post from the PO thread:
Highly recommended.

Floating Points Pharoah Sanders & The London Symphony Orchestra - Promises

Rough Trade Exclusive:
And a nice little piece of conversation to raise the expectations. :)

Sam: Pharoah...

Pharoah: Huh...?

Sam: Were you asleep? I'm sorry...

Pharoah: No no... I was listening... and dreaming... and listening to music in my head...

Sam: Oh wow... sorry.

Pharoah: Many times, people think I might be asleep... but in fact, I am just listening to music in my head. I'm always listening... to the sounds around me... and playing, in my mind... and sometimes I dream.

Sam: What were you dreaming about?

Pharoah: I'm on a ship. In the ocean. Bears coming around smoking cigars. The bears are singing, ‘We have the music. We have what you're looking for.’ I say, ‘Really?’ And I was making fish dinners. Shark..Lobster. Got all kinds of fish. And you know, a good pie. Pumpkin pie. You like pumpkin pie?

Pharoah: How you like that take, Sam?
Sam: It's cool. I think the bit in the middle, where it stops again...I think you can hear...We were both kind of confused. I like it as well because it sounds like two musicians that are trying to guide each other.
Pharoah: I think that's it right there. It came out different. It came out good though.
Sam: You happy?
Pharoah: Yeah, I'm cool with it.

Highly recommended.

Rough Trade Exclusive:

US link

Highly recommended.

Rough Trade Exclusive:
Wow did I buy that quickly... Thanks!

Total long shot but does anyone know where I can get a copy of the 1975 Live at ORTF Pharoah Sanders for not crazy money?

I actually order the record back in May but it never made it. (Actually, it may have made it to my office, but I didn't get in there until August and by that point nothing was there)

I really love the record and waited too long to locate a local copy. (Bad obsessive collector, bad!)

Thanks in advance for any points in the right direction.

Total long shot but does anyone know where I can get a copy of the 1975 Live at ORTF Pharoah Sanders for not crazy money?

I actually order the record back in May but it never made it. (Actually, it may have made it to my office, but I didn't get in there until August and by that point nothing was there)

I really love the record and waited too long to locate a local copy. (Bad obsessive collector, bad!)

Sadly it seems pretty difficult to find now. Doesn't help that it's not a US release. If I see a copy anywhere I'll let ya know!

It might just be waiting for a repress, I think most of the Transversals issues are still available. I'm not sure if they are intended to be limited.

There seems to be a reasonably priced copy listed on Discogs, but I don't think they have the shipping set up. It's a Uk seller that it says does not ship to the UK. Might be worthwhile messaging them.

Third option, a record store in Greece appears to have it in stock. Not sure what shipping would be like.

Edit - I really like like the one

It might just be waiting for a repress, I think most of the Transversals issues are still available. I'm not sure if they are intended to be limited.

There seems to be a reasonably priced copy listed on Discogs, but I don't think they have the shipping set up. It's a Uk seller that it says does not ship to the UK. Might be worthwhile messaging them.

Third option, a record store in Greece appears to have it in stock. Not sure what shipping would be like.

Edit - I really like like the one

Just bought it from Greece. Thank you @Andy ! That was awesome! €15 euro shipping, €44 total. Note...I think that they have one left.

Dusty Groove has deadstock copies of Ahmed Abdullah's Life's Force for only $9, plus some other releases on the About Time label. Highly recommended.

Anyone know of any other good sources for deadstock jazz releases?

Highly recommended.

Rough Trade Exclusive:
ROTW US
Bleep Exclusive:

TTL Exclusive:

HHV Exclusive:

VMP Exclusive:
tomorrow...

I'm honestly shocked this is selling out? It sounds like an interesting session, but is it really that amazing? I'll grab the standard pressing...

I'm honestly shocked this is selling out? It sounds like an interesting session, but is it really that amazing? I'll grab the standard pressing...
The only "review" I have seen of it is Four Tet stating it is the album of the year. I'm intrigued but not really wanting to jump before I hear it.

The only "review" I have seen of it is Four Tet stating it is the album of the year. I'm intrigued but not really wanting to jump before I hear it.
56682-kh-question.jpg

Are you questioning KH? ;)

Highly recommended.

Rough Trade Exclusive:
ROTW US
Bleep Exclusive:

TTL Exclusive:

HHV Exclusive:

VMP Exclusive:
Edit:
VMP Exclusive:

Yeah, I guess this is selling purely on hype. The FP/Sanders/Orchestra combo sounds really interesting to be honest. This screams 21st century spiritual jazz, and I'm all for it.

Michael Fremer says both the music and pressing are very good:

Back