Jazz

Watched this earlier. Apparently, it was really controversial upon its release, so much so that a sequel was blocked. Its certainly dated but the footage is amazing and includes Sun Ra and his Arkestra before they became well known.

Found this on the Internets : 47 pages with the whole (I suppose... I mean, it's 47 pages) Lee Morgan discography including line-ups for every release and many additional informations on some recordings.

So he was a slacker!
el-inolvidable-director-de-la___0V5OyooTD_340x340__1.jpg

Found this on the Internets : 47 pages with the whole (I suppose... I mean, it's 47 pages) Lee Morgan discography including line-ups for every release and many additional informations on some recordings.

Nice, this is from one of Morgan's biographies, written by Jeffrey S. McMillan. Its actually 1 of 2 full-length biographies (the better of the 2 I think), the other was by Tom Perchard. Well worth a read.

So he was a slacker!
el-inolvidable-director-de-la___0V5OyooTD_340x340__1.jpg
Funnily enough, he actually was! His album 'The Procrastinator' was actually named after the nickname people gave him because he didn't like to practise or rehearse. One story goes that they were at the studio recording an album but were one tune short. Morgan went to the toilet and was there for so long that the band were worried he was shooting up. When he emerged he had scribbled a tune down on a scrap of toilet paper.......turned out to be 'The Sidewinder', his most successful track!

Alfa Mist is generally a no brainer for me so looking forward to this one.

Maybe I'm getting old but whole variant thing is tiring. I just prefer the standard edition these days if the tracklists are the same.
(damn I do sound old:confused:)
I went with the standard black just because I didn't have to pay $20 to ship it to me.

+1

But I understand that it might be a good selling point for those stores that get exclusive variants... Who knows.
Yeah good point. I guess from that aspect its a good thing.
I think there's just a disconnect in my mind between jazz and other genres when it comes to the variant game. purely my own problem I think😂

Just a heads up, there has been another subscriber clue to an upcoming Jazz In Britain release. Last time they teased an album it was released 2-3 days later. So might be a new one to order imminently!
I wont spoil by announcing what it is (not that its my place to anyway) but the new release that was teased has been announced and will be available for pre-order from 3pm saturday. CD/Download only by the looks of it, no vinyl. With that being said I am currently listening to it now and its a good 'un!

Do I keep buying all the clear preorders.....or should i just get the albums I truly want...haha

The last group of 3 just got shipped to me today actually!
Why stop now? I also got my shipping notice for the last 3. They've been getting these out on a good pace. More than halfway through all of them.

Back