Jazz

live now! use code circular15 to get 15% off. Works out to around $86 shipped in the US.

live now! use code circular15 to get 15% off. Works out to around $86 shipped in the US.
Thank you! Didn't realize this one-step was happening.

That’s not a particularly bad price point with the 15% off. Still crazy high but somewhat justified. I just know I won’t play or like that album enough to justify the cost but I’m definitely interested to see what the upcoming one steps will be from Craft.

My fiance was listening with me and spoke up to say "I didn't want to say anything but this sounds really bad, it just sounds loud but there's no clarity or depth".
haha amazing. my fiancee makes fun of me because she can't tell the difference between music airplayed from itunes to a $20 bluetooth speaker and vinyl played on my system that cost a lot of money. I get real excited when I get some new audio gadget and she humors me when I blast something and say "doesn't it sound way better??"

We went to Nashville together a few years ago when we first started dating and I bought some records. Our airbnb had a crosley in it and she asked if we could listen to the new records on it. Without even thinking my response was "my records are NOT going to touch THAT record player." She still makes fun of me for it to this day and I don't blame her one bit because I was being an ass 😂😂

Make sure nothing is coating your stylus tip too. I’ve had a handful of records that looked perfect but there was something nasty in the grooves and for some reason the zero dust couldn’t get it off the stylus tip. I literally had to (carefully) scape gunk off the tip with my fingernail. You unfortunately might just have to replace your stylus if nothing else fixes it. Hopefully it’s just that.
A good investment is a jeweller's glass, which can give you a really close up of the stylus. It can be revelatory - even after using a stylus brush or wet treatment (I use the Nagayoka), you will often see that the needle still has dust wound around it, and can be dark and cloudy. Simply cleaning it with a stylus cleaner, like the Nagaoka or Last cleaners, will restore that lovely diamond shine, and you are good to go.

That’s not a particularly bad price point with the 15% off. Still crazy high but somewhat justified. I just know I won’t play or like that album enough to justify the cost but I’m definitely interested to see what the upcoming one steps will be from Craft.
It's in line with what the UHQR 33RPMs will be it seems based on the Kind of Blue ads. You have more willpower than I do! I love this album though so I grabbed a copy. The price point is scary for me because at $85 with code, I'll probably buy titles that I don't love. I do that sometimes and figure I'll sell it later if I end up not listening to it much...but then I never do.

Bought and came here to post, glad you beat me to it. Psyched about this, Lush Life is fantastic and I dont have a great version, just a recent OJC

Bought and came here to post, glad you beat me to it. Psyched about this, Lush Life is fantastic and I dont have a great version, just a recent OJC
I've had my distill monitor set up for it since the day the press release leaked haha.

Trying my best not to fomo buy but I really liked what I heard when @Selaws linked and now the red numbers are coming up so I pulled the trigger

26 to go...unless they didn't list all 500 on Bandcamp up front.

They keep saying there will be US and JP links soon and I suppose they didn't listed all the 500 copies on Bandcamp.

@britprogjazz can you clarify? Thanks and congrats for this fantastic new release!

They keep saying there will be US and JP links soon and I suppose they didn't listed all the 500 copies on Bandcamp.

@britprogjazz can you clarify? Thanks and congrats for this fantastic new release!
Just a guess but I don't imagine they expected it to sell quite so quick. Its been in the top charts of the Bandcamp releases which is such an amazing achievement. At this rate I cant imagine there will be any left for the US or Japan unless they put some aside at the beginning.

Really looking forward to this one, it sounds like the recordings were made at such an important time in the groups career.

Just a guess but I don't imagine they expected it to sell quite so quick. Its been in the top charts of the Bandcamp releases which is such an amazing achievement. At this rate I cant imagine there will be any left for the US or Japan unless they put some aside at the beginning.

Really looking forward to this one, it sounds like the recordings were made at such an important time in the groups career.

Or maybe they'll end pressing more copies. They are a small label, at least from what I understand, so a good selling release like this can turn into a huge help to release more records in the future. Also, US and Japan are huge markets of jazz addicts and collectors. I, if I was the label, would have put aside lot of copies for these markets (or planned to reress more). But this all is if I had expected to sell so quick. Anyway, this is great for them and well deserved, they have released some great records with a great pckaging. They also have improved their business in many ways so I wish them to have more successes like this with their next releases.

I have just been reading the JIB Subscriber blog and its been confirmed that some have been set aside for US and Japan, so looks like it will be available at some point.

I've been listening to this and it's been really interesting. Solo Vibraphone, some effects but mostly clean, some remarkable moments.

Signed colored (limited bro 100) and black versions available. Also in Hi Res on Qobuz (where I first found it) -- I'm in on the signed. Worth a listen, some really neat (and beautiful) use of space and tone. It's not a blind buy, but worth hearing. Some pieces are complicated, layered, and just amazing

Edit: double, signed smokey, $50, double black $30

Back