Jazz

ECM 10lp Sun Bear concerts limited at special retailers. How do I find these retailers? Feb 19th.
I have an original from "back in the day" which was not cheap. Anyway, is there more info on this like a press release? Just wondering if you had any details while we wait to find out about distribution.

I have an original from "back in the day" which was not cheap. Anyway, is there more info on this like a press release? Just wondering if you had any details while we wait to find out about distribution.
I emailed the company but didn’t ask for press details I did see a 250 euro price on a FB group

The Tubby Hayes box going cheap if anyone missed it

Damn I want that but 52 pounds shipping to the US seems insane.

It's full price again now, looks like they pulled the offer...Amazon.co.uk have it for £158 tho. Don't think I need it at that price!
Remember, it is a very heavy box (I have one)! It costs a bundle to ship, particularly if it is packed so it gets there in decent condition.

Apologies if this has already been posted, but the Tone Poet schedule for 2021-22 has been released:

Yikes! I like it but not that much.

As for the Sun Bear box. word from emails AAA original tapes 250$ + shipping and tax. I’ll let people know when I know about retailers. Please prepare your significant others for this expense. Maybe buy them flowers or a special treat before you break the new regarding this significant investment. I cannot be held responsible for the repercussions of purchasing this.

2 New 'lost' Don Cherry sessions are being released soon. They are on the Blank Forms label which I am not familiar with. There is also a book being released looking at Don and his wife's life with notes from their daughter/step-daughter Neneh Cherry (I NEVER MADE THE CONNECTION!!!!!)

The book/magazine is available on Amazon UK for just over £13.

the-summer-house-sessions.jpg
Organic-Music-Theatre-Festival-de-jazz-de-Chateauvallon-1972-.jpg

looks like an interesting pick, anyone know the album?
Just posted on the VMP Store thread:

Its an unusual one within his discography though as he sticks to a bop-orientated theme rather than the more Eastern sounds that you typically link him to. Really enjoyable album though, Lateef focuses on the saxophone over a mix of instruments (although he does use a double-reed arghul and flute a couple of times).

2 New 'lost' Don Cherry sessions are being released soon. They are on the Blank Forms label which I am not familiar with. There is also a book being released looking at Don and his wife's life with notes from their daughter/step-daughter Neneh Cherry (I NEVER MADE THE CONNECTION!!!!!)

The book/magazine is available on Amazon UK for just over £13.

View attachment 86620
View attachment 86621

It's interesting how we come at these things from different sides. I think, the first time I heard about Don Cherry was on hearing the story of how Neneh Cherry got into music. (I may have heard some of his stuff prior to that but the name didn't stick).

And if anyone missed the RSD Don Cherry release, it's available here cheap (£15). I can't believe I got it shipped from Spain, only. to have a local get it in and sell it for a discount.

The local, didn't used to stock much Jazz, mostly focused on rock / indie etc. but definitely started to get some good titles in

And if anyone missed the RSD Don Cherry release, it's available here cheap (£15). I can't believe I got it shipped from Spain, only. to have a local get it in and sell it for a discount.

The local, didn't used to stock much Jazz, mostly focused on rock / indie etc. but definitely started to get some good titles in
Really fantastic release, the only downside is that it isnt longer!!!

Just posted on the VMP Store thread:

Its an unusual one within his discography though as he sticks to a bop-orientated theme rather than the more Eastern sounds that you typically link him to. Really enjoyable album though, Lateef focuses on the saxophone over a mix of instruments (although he does use a double-reed arghul and flute a couple of times).
Agreed but note there is the Eastern vibe on some cuts. The title track for instance. I have the Verve Elite Edition of this because I never found an LP copy prior to the VEE series (I have all of those) that wasn't trashed. I ordered as soon as I saw the email. Dude was way ahead of his time at least from my perspective.

Back