Jazz

Why stop now? I also got my shipping notice for the last 3. They've been getting these out on a good pace. About halfway through all of them.
I think I might just be missing one so far from the clear variants. I also already had an OG of one of the Gene Russell albums so didn't pick up that one.

Ryo Fukui - Live at Vidro '77 2xLP (release date March 24)

1611780757897.png

Google translated :
No way Ryo Fukui left such a sound source. It is a completely unreleased live sound source recorded on June 8, 1977. The recording was made by Masataka Ito, the producer of Fukui's "Scenery" and "Mellow Dream" at the live house <Bidoro> in Sapporo. It was the performance of the Fukui trio at that time, but at the same time, it had an overwhelming amount of heat and freshness not found in studio recordings, and it was extremely exciting. Not to mention the vivid "Mellow Dream" that lasts for 16 minutes, the dynamic "Speak Low", the glossy spinning "Body & Soul", the sprinting "Love For Sale", and the profound "Mr. PC" , "My Foolish Heart" spilling out, and a masterpiece performance that seems to be floating in the heat. At that time, the sound source excerpted from this live was recognized at the Trio Records headquarters, and the second album "Mellow Dream" was produced. It is a valuable sound source in every sense.

Ryo Fukui - Live at Vidro '77 2xLP (release date March 24)

View attachment 85574

Google translated :
No way Ryo Fukui left such a sound source. It is a completely unreleased live sound source recorded on June 8, 1977. The recording was made by Masataka Ito, the producer of Fukui's "Scenery" and "Mellow Dream" at the live house <Bidoro> in Sapporo. It was the performance of the Fukui trio at that time, but at the same time, it had an overwhelming amount of heat and freshness not found in studio recordings, and it was extremely exciting. Not to mention the vivid "Mellow Dream" that lasts for 16 minutes, the dynamic "Speak Low", the glossy spinning "Body & Soul", the sprinting "Love For Sale", and the profound "Mr. PC" , "My Foolish Heart" spilling out, and a masterpiece performance that seems to be floating in the heat. At that time, the sound source excerpted from this live was recognized at the Trio Records headquarters, and the second album "Mellow Dream" was produced. It is a valuable sound source in every sense.
Oh my. I'm glad I wandered into this thread today. New Ryo Fukui dropping on my birthday? I know what I'm getting myself.

Mexican Ropeadope signees "Bahía de Ascenso" just released a video of a new track, which I found to be very good:

They released their debut album on vinyl last year, and there are still a couple of copies left on their Bandcamp. I don't know how the shipping rates will be to the US or Europe, but I think it's worth checking out:

I'm always nervous about 'leaking' info that has been put on the Subscriber page, but after chatting to JIB about this release they might have just teased it being included in the next 'Into The Archives' release!

Coooooooooooooooooooooool! Thanks buddy!

The Tubby Hayes box going cheap if anyone missed it

Can’t recommend this enough.

Awesome set. I went for the CDs since getting the records across the pond would have been awfully spendy at the time. Don't regret it for a second. Sad that he isn't more loved in the US.

Back