Jazz

Massive thanks for this, just booked tickets. Looks like a walkable distance from the train station, meaning I can get home really easily. And on a friday night! For a tenner!!! Win win win!
No worries- £10 is a rare bargain in the gig world so I'm sure you'll enjoy it even more. Plus you could end up being part of the Wildflower history if they press a recording of the gig:cool:

Last edited:
No worries- £10 is a rare bargain in the gig world so I'm sure you'll enjoy it even more. Plus you could end up being part of the Wildflower history if they press a recording of the gig:cool:
Im fortunate enough go to quite a few gigs each year with my girlfriend, and the smaller gigs are almost always as memorable if not more than the bigger ones. I think the small enclosed venue works really well, especially with jazz. Really looking forward to this now. Theres been loads of Ill Considered gigs that I have missed out on because it was an awkward location to get to. This one seems like it should be quite easy to get home after, and with it being a friday the trains will be running late. Thanks again buddy!

It would be pretty cool for them to record the live session for sure!

Just got the shipping notification for Wildflower 2.....will end up having it by the end of the week if all goes well.

season 2, by WILDFLOWER

The new Wildflower album is up team. Get on there quick and grab yourself a limited white label pressing!

@uvwxVinyl @Crabbers @Skalap @Mr Moore

sorry if I forgot anyone

Edit: Holy Moly this is good. The track they have up is INSANELY fiery!

Edit Edit: If you buy the white label (for £2 less than the standard release) they are shipping it within 7 days of now. The album pre-order is shipping in Feb next year, so we get this 2-3 months early!!

Cheers for the tag! Managed to get in on the white lable in time as they're now down to 35 copies.

Don't want this to get lost in the PO thread:
Gil Scott-Heron - We're New Again - a Reimagining by Makaya McCraven

Was coming to share this with you guys, @scotthilk just shared this link with me. Seems to be an interesting work. Makaya also produced French trumpetist Antoine Berjeaut new album Moving Cities. Record is out on Friday.

Bridging the spaces between the Paris and Chicago scenes, Moving Cities brings together the best of both worlds. Initiated by French trumpet player Antoine Berjeaut and Chicago-based drummer/producer Makaya McCraven (along with a cast including bassist Junius Paul and saxophonist Julien Lourau), Moving Cities is emblematic of a new, utterly modern jazz going through a true aesthetic revolution. Moving Cities started as a live laboratory set up by Berjeaut and McCraven; it echoes the recent evolution of international metropolises constantly torn between individualism and collective endeavors, in a disrupted geography.

Was coming to share this with you guys, @scotthilk just shared this link with me. Seems to be an interesting work. Makaya also produced French trumpetist Antoine Berjeaut new album Moving Cities. Record is out on Friday.

Bridging the spaces between the Paris and Chicago scenes, Moving Cities brings together the best of both worlds. Initiated by French trumpet player Antoine Berjeaut and Chicago-based drummer/producer Makaya McCraven (along with a cast including bassist Junius Paul and saxophonist Julien Lourau), Moving Cities is emblematic of a new, utterly modern jazz going through a true aesthetic revolution. Moving Cities started as a live laboratory set up by Berjeaut and McCraven; it echoes the recent evolution of international metropolises constantly torn between individualism and collective endeavors, in a disrupted geography.
Sadly, I’m not very familiar with the French musicians (which is a real pity) but it even includes Junius Paul. And reading about the project got me hooked.
I might have to pick this one up!
Thanks for sharing.

Sadly, I’m not very familiar with the French musicians (which is a real pity) but it even includes Junius Paul. And reading about the project got me hooked.
I might have to pick this one up!
Thanks for sharing.

Me neither. The French jazz scene isn't very big actually but I can see it growing if the musicians start collaborating with big names like Makaya.

Added the blu-ray release so i think i'm good now :)

View attachment 24932
I have the same Art Blakey pressing. It’s actually one if the rarest pressings. The films controversy meant it was banned from being exported outside of France until a year later. Somehow a small number were pressed in the uk at the same time as the french pressing, with a still from the film used as the cover photo. I always find it gets overlooked in favour of the monk album but I actually prefer Blakey’s.

Bit of a random post but this interview with Robert Glasper is fantastic, hilarious, and he raises some really great points. I have never heard Glasper be interviewed in this kind of relaxed environment before and hes just so likable. Within 30 seconds I guarantee he will have made you laugh. I wont spoil it too much, but he makes a fantastic point about how he has met Herbie Hancock and Stevie Wonder, and if those guys can be cool, why cant Lauryn Hill seem to be?

Last edited:
Grabbed Midnight in Tokyo Vol.1&2 (released in 1956...)+ that Tribe compilation :

Back