Jazz

My bad, it was the ‘...Is Eternal Life’ I was looking at. Have managed to bring up a photo of the jacket now and it’s strange as it has a list of musicians on it (doesn’t say what they played) but the actual Discogs info only has Hooker credited. I will stream it a ton work tomorrow anyway, looks interesting.

Ah yeah, that one has multiple players:

5ACE6980-FDC0-42D4-8543-6E9ACED878EB.jpeg

Looks like someone has been checking my discogs history. I was looking to pick up Mal Waldron - Free At Last the other day. Its the first record in the ECM catalog and Waldrons first venture into free jazz. I was searching for a copy on saturday night, and just checked Honest Jons website to see a brand new listing for a 2019 extended 2lp set which has just been released. Im going to hopefully pick this up the next time im at my local, really exciting stuff!

Mal Waldron - : Honest Jon's Records

RR GEMS Records just sent out a nice email thanking everyone for pre-ordering the latest Muriel Grossmann album. As a 'gift' they have released a 9minute 'Road Movie' on YouTube which overlays one of the songs from the albums.

@Selaws what did you think of the album?
The Muriel Grossmann - Reverence? I listened to it in its entirety last night and really really enjoyed it. I missed out on the release of Golden Rule (that will teach me for not pulling the trigger straight away) but have streamed that several times. When I read that they were going to include the Hammond organ on this album (which wasn't on Golden Rule) I was a bit hesitant at first as I tend to relate that instrument to a more dated style, but I actually think it works really well.

The package as a whole is a great example of a release being done right. Thick cardboard tip-on gate-fold with added material for a thicker spine. Glossy hq print and a concise set of liner notes. 2 heavy records in poly-lined sleeve. No expense spared.

If you haven't ordered it already I thoroughly recommend it.

The Muriel Grossmann - Reverence? I listened to it in its entirety last night and really really enjoyed it. I missed out on the release of Golden Rule (that will teach me for not pulling the trigger straight away) but have streamed that several times. When I read that they were going to include the Hammond organ on this album (which wasn't on Golden Rule) I was a bit hesitant at first as I tend to relate that instrument to a more dated style, but I actually think it works really well.

The package as a whole is a great example of a release being done right. Thick cardboard tip-on gate-fold with added material for a thicker spine. Glossy hq print and a concise set of liner notes. 2 heavy records in poly-lined sleeve. No expense spared.

If you haven't ordered it already I thoroughly recommend it.

Wouldn't worry about missing golden rule, they're going to repress it.

Wouldn't worry about missing golden rule, they're going to repress it.
Yeah I did hear about that, super excited for it! Im hoping she has a tour set up for the new year, doesnt look like she has performed in the UK before but I bet they are a great live act. I saw she is touring at the moment, think shes at a jazz festival in Stockholm at the moment.

Looks like someone has been checking my discogs history. I was looking to pick up Mal Waldron - Free At Last the other day. Its the first record in the ECM catalog and Waldrons first venture into free jazz. I was searching for a copy on saturday night, and just checked Honest Jons website to see a brand new listing for a 2019 extended 2lp set which has just been released. Im going to hopefully pick this up the next time im at my local, really exciting stuff!

Mal Waldron - : Honest Jon's Records

Just picked mine up with a couple of BF bits from SotU. Nice album from what I remember, never sure how much I'll spin the alternate takes but nice to have a new clean (hopefully) press.

Yeah I did hear about that, super excited for it! Im hoping she has a tour set up for the new year, doesnt look like she has performed in the UK before but I bet they are a great live act. I saw she is touring at the moment, think shes at a jazz festival in Stockholm at the moment.

I was amazed to see they did a residency all summer long in Ibiza at Cipriani. How cool to be on your hols and have music like that playing in the restaurant.

Just picked mine up with a couple of BF bits from SotU. Nice album from what I remember, never sure how much I'll spin the alternate takes but nice to have a new clean (hopefully) press.

Oh man now I am jealous!!!

I was amazed to see they did a residency all summer long in Ibiza at Cipriani. How cool to be on your hols and have music like that playing in the restaurant.
Hahaha amazing, I believe the liner notes for Reverence says she lives in Ibiza full time, certainly not the type of music I imagine when I think of that place :ROFLMAO:

Not sure where to put this so I will dump it here.

DUSTY GROOVE: THE SOUND OF TRANSITION

A new 90 minute documentary/film following the owner of Dusty Groove as he visits peoples houses to buy their record collections. The trailer feels very jazz orientated but also includes hip hop collections. Looks to be right up my street but unfortunately it doesn't look like theres any plans to show it in the UK yet. Hopefully there will be a download/streaming option in the future.

Synopsis:

Filmmaker Danielle Beverly (Old South, SF DocFest 2015) tells the story of Chicago vinyl buyer Rick Wojcik who walks us into the homes – and stories – of strangers, digging through their jazz, soul, and hip hop records, purchasing their once-prized possessions. Each seller shares a common reason: they face a major life transition. The documentary is a collection of intimate narratives, akin to a record album of songs. About love, loss, and our deep personal connection to music. -CM

Yet more 🔥 from Astigmatic. After EABS, Cykada and Levitation Orchestra, this is their 4th great jazz release this year. I knew nothing about it but it suddenly popped up in a Juno email. Piotr Damasiewicz & The Power of Horns Ensemble - Polska. It's on Spotify but I can't link to it currently for some reason.

Yet more 🔥 from Astigmatic. After EABS, Cykada and Levitation Orchestra, this is their 4th great jazz release this year. I knew nothing about it but it suddenly popped up in a Juno email. Piotr Damasiewicz & The Power of Horns Ensemble - Polska. It's on Spotify but I can't link to it currently for some reason.

season 2, by WILDFLOWER

The new Wildflower album is up team. Get on there quick and grab yourself a limited white label pressing!

@uvwxVinyl @Crabbers @Skalap @Mr Moore

sorry if I forgot anyone

Edit: Holy Moly this is good. The track they have up is INSANELY fiery!

Edit Edit: If you buy the white label (for £2 less than the standard release) they are shipping it within 7 days of now. The album pre-order is shipping in Feb next year, so we get this 2-3 months early!!

season 2, by WILDFLOWER

The new Wildflower album is up team. Get on there quick and grab yourself a limited white label pressing!

@uvwxVinyl @Crabbers @Skalap @Mr Moore

sorry if I forgot anyone

Edit: Holy Moly this is good. The track they have up is INSANELY fiery!

Edit Edit: If you buy the white label (for £2 less than the standard release) they are shipping it within 7 days of now. The album pre-order is shipping in Feb next year, so we get this 2-3 months early!!
Just received the notification from Bandcamp as well. Ordered. :love:

Back