Jazz

Anyone know of anywhere else to get this Art Blakey - Chippin In from? Besides shelling out bucks for the RSD copy?

I definitely recall speculation of a possible regular release as well, but I don't recall of any of that was actually confirmed.
I plan on holding off for a regular release— and will survive if it never materializes.
I’m learning to be more centered with my record collecting.

A new Ben Webster reissue is coming to Pure Pleasure

Nice! Looks like it’s available for pre-order from jpc.de. Price is higher than what’s listed at Pure Pleasure, but shipping to the US is probably substantially less.

EDIT: Realize now this also is available for pre-order at all the usual US audiophile outlets.

Last edited:
Anyone gotten the new edition of Oliver Nelson's The Blues and the Abstract Truth? Curious on how it sounds... also did I miss the boat on it by not pre-ordering? Target only lists the 2019 pressing and Amazon is sold out.

Anyone gotten the new edition of Oliver Nelson's The Blues and the Abstract Truth? Curious on how it sounds... also did I miss the boat on it by not pre-ordering? Target only lists the 2019 pressing and Amazon is sold out.
Sounds great! I have the Speakers Corner version and I’d say this new one is equivalent or slightly better. Worth getting!

Yeah, thanks I am trying to be a bit more thrifty with my vinyl spending habits. Hoping that maybe Amazon will get a restock or something like that.
I'm on the exact same boat. I even traded away my grey market copy a few months ago, but did not pre-order the reissue because I was waiting for the Target B2G1 sale that never came...

Yeah, thanks I am trying to be a bit more thrifty with my vinyl spending habits. Hoping that maybe Amazon will get a restock or something like that.
Amz is showing July 20 - Aug 3 now and a price increase so your best bet may be to get it from Acoustic Sounds with something else and get free shipping on over $50.

Back