Jazz

Gettin Together, Intensity, Smack Up would be great as well. Are these usually available in the U.S and do they print enough for demand ?
It depends on the title. They don't press EVERY OJC...but I have a feeling that Contemporary is going to be the next label to get a big push from Craft. Some of those titles haven't been pressed by OJC since the mid 80s. You can just look on discogs to see which ones have had recent reissues since Craft took over. They won't repress everything.

edit: misread what your reply was to. If those specific titles linked are pressed at QRP, they will be available in the US. Looks like AS might be doing a contemporary series (or someone at least is...pressing at QRP).

It depends on the title. They don't press EVERY OJC...but I have a feeling that Contemporary is going to be the next label to get a big push from Craft. Some of those titles haven't been pressed by OJC since the mid 80s. You can just look on discogs to see which ones have had recent reissues since Craft took over. They won't repress everything.

edit: misread what your reply was to. If those specific titles linked are pressed at QRP, they will be available in the US. Looks like AS might be doing a contemporary series (or someone at least is...pressing at QRP).
There some very nice Contemporary titles. It will be interesting.

Ebi Soda Repress Alert!

This is awesome, I actually think it's because of me! I was exchanging emails with them and telling them to repress and made them aware of discogs "want" numbers which surprised them. I also suggested to them to put the repress on coloured wax.

(ok I'm sure probably others suggested it to them to but I'm going to take credit here!)

Can anyone comment on the press/quality of the Pure Pleasure version of Weldon Irvine's "Liberated Brother"? There's one positive comment on Discogs, and the PP hype sticker says "Analogue" ltd edition and "audiophile remaster," but neither really means anything.

Can anyone comment on the press/quality of the Pure Pleasure version of Weldon Irvine's "Liberated Brother"? There's one positive comment on Discogs, and the PP hype sticker says "Analogue" ltd edition and "audiophile remaster," but neither really means anything.

I can’t but PP is top notch. It’s up there with Speakers Corner usually.

Listening right now. I have no clue if it's AAA or not, but it sounds good! Solid music too, I grabbed this on a whim and really enjoy it. I think PP is generally analogue where possible but not always?

Listening right now. I have no clue if it's AAA or not, but it sounds good! Solid music too, I grabbed this on a whim and really enjoy it. I think PP is generally analogue where possible but not always?

i think they are all analogue tbh

Just bought my first concert tickets of the year.

International Anthems: Carlos Nino & Friends, looks like Jeff Parker will be performing a solo set as well. Exciting way to kick off the concert revival

Where and when are they playing?

I’m excited for the Grand Performances lineup. Lots of missed local bands.

Ethio Cali, Buyepongo, Quitapenas.

Where and when are they playing?

I’m excited for the Grand Performances lineup. Lots of missed local bands.

Ethio Cali, Buyepongo, Quitapenas.
Small little venue in Santa Monica it looks like!

Oh boy! I'm glad they are starting to do some Contemporary high quality reissues again.

Some are AAA and some are dubious. The Analogue on the sticker means simply that it is vinyl, so it plays analogue. No DAC required! The Audiophile Mastering part is true. They use great mastering talent.

In general,tapes do not travel to the UK from America. The Nimbus West titles are remastered by kevin Gray and from tape. These are the only ones I know for certain are AAA.

Ray Staff, now semi-retired, did most of the mastering for PP for many years at George Martin's AIR Studios. He is a superb mastering engineer. It is doubtful he gets tapes, although AIR's analog capabilities are world class. Regadless of this, PP releases sound great.

Speakers Corner are often intermixed with Pure Pleasure, which is unfair. Everything Speakers Corner does is AAA all the way.

Small little venue in Santa Monica it looks like!

Ooo thanks for posting about this. This is in East Hollywood, saw Jeff Parker here right before the pandemic. I’m going to try to go to this!

Thanks for replies re Weldon Irvine "Liberated Brother." I picked it up this evening w/ the 10% code at Acoustic Sounds. I like the album a lot and am looking forward to the vinyl version.

It'll be my 2nd Pure Pleasure title, the other being Clifford Jordan "Glass Bead Games," which I very highly recommend if you can find it at a decent price (although I like it enough to think it's also worth an inflated price).

Back