Jazz

Supposedly these are very limited and are leftovers from the box set. So I guess jump on them if you want them. Got the Chet and Chet in New York. Can’t imagine the Sings one will be any better than the mono RSD, and I think I would prefer it in mono anyways. The other one is sold out and the outtakes isn’t even available.

Supposedly these are very limited and are leftovers from the box set. So I guess jump on them if you want them. Got the Chet and Chet in New York. Can’t imagine the Sings one will be any better than the mono RSD, and I think I would prefer it in mono anyways. The other one is sold out and the outtakes isn’t even available.
Definitely recommend picking these up. I have the box set and they found fantastic, especially Chet. Pepper Adams in Alone Together is probably my highlight, always stops me dead in my tracks

Well I also highly recommend the Nina Simone Or Otis Redding APs if you’re looking for another one from VMP...

@Skalap —would love to hear your thoughts on the Tapscott if you’re the one that bought them recently!

I am listening to Horace Tapscot Sessions Vol.1 and it sounds really nice. I am actually surprised by how well conserved it is (again, I am just playing the first of the serie so I can't comment on the others). Considering these records spent the last (almost) 40 years stored in who knows conditions, the record is almost perfectly flat, sounds good with just a little bit of crackling here or there (it will certainly disappear when I'll wash the record, someday), no damages that I can see or whatever. I'll listen to Dafuniks after this and will come back with Sessions 2, I'll let you know if there is any different.

I am listening to Horace Tapscot Sessions Vol.1 and it sounds really nice. I am actually surprised by how well conserved it is (again, I am just playing the first of the serie so I can't comment on the others). Considering these records spent the last (almost) 40 years stored in who knows conditions, the record is almost perfectly flat, sounds good with just a little bit of crackling here or there (it will certainly disappear when I'll wash the record, someday), no damages that I can see or whatever. I'll listen to Dafuniks after this and will come back with Sessions 2, I'll let you know if there is any different.
I think I have successfully talked myself out of buying them on wax for now...but I know I'll probably regret it later!

I think I have successfully talked myself out of buying them on wax for now...but I know I'll probably regret it later!

Now that this Mr Bongo deadstock sold out, I believe that price might increase in the next months. A few are still available on Discogs at a normal prices (around $30), others are already priced around $50 and Vol.2 is for sale at $140 (stupid price...). I can ask my local if he still has a few copies (or maybe Mr Bongo) but I don't believe one will have the complete serie.

Now that this Mr Bongo deadstock sold out, I believe that price might increase in the next months. A few are still available on Discogs at a normal prices (around $30), others are already priced around $50 and Vol.2 is for sale at $140 (stupid price...). I can ask my local if he still has a few copies (or maybe Mr Bongo) but I don't believe one will have the complete serie.
I found another place with a good amount of them for decent prices ($20-$25). They have vol 1-7.

If they do have it and you want to buy an extra copy for me...I wouldn’t be opposed to it! Haha
I'll do my best. I did a back of the envelope calculation on their price and shipping from Norway and would be about $65-70. Let's see if I can get them first - they're also not that keen on multiple purchases, which I like...

I'll do my best. I did a back of the envelope calculation on their price and shipping from Norway and would be about $65-70. Let's see if I can get them first - they're also not that keen on multiple purchases, which I like...
Ah ok! Well good luck! Would be kinda crazy if they had it. I didn’t realize it was in stores yet or at all even if they hadn’t stopped the release.

Ah ok! Well good luck! Would be kinda crazy if they had it. I didn’t realize it was in stores yet or at all even if they hadn’t stopped the release.
So I managed to bag a second copy (they only had two in total)! Assuming you still want it - and aren't a lawyer for Thelonious Monk's estate - @MikeH hit me up with a PM and let's sort it out...

20200731_150831.jpg

So I managed to bag a second copy (they only had two in total)! Assuming you still want it - and aren't a lawyer for Thelonious Monk's estate - @MikeH hit me up with a PM and let's sort it out...

View attachment 59179
phs3wJ.gif

Back