Jazz

Wait is this an unauthorized release after they pressed it?
It's the actual release, which was obviously sent to quite a few record stores/distributors. Obviously some weren't told it was shelved. Looking at Discogs and Twitter, it seems some were sold in the Netherlands too...

@MadLucas sounds you were in a similar place as me on A Love Supreme. I’ve never not liked it. I just feel left out, which isn’t the end of the world. It took me the better part of ten years for Coleman to make sense. I may never understand Art Ensemble of Chicago.
Sounds like Kahn had a similar experience. I do feel like Supreme is an album I need to conquer before I start trying to listen to things like Ascension though.

I kind of feel like it and Trout Mask Replica are sort of vision quest/rites of passage albums.

Bitches’ Brew is another one that I just don’t love like everyone else does, although that’s not really a I don’t get it thing, I just think the live stuff from that era is so much more interesting.
It's funny, I think some of it is just the lack of popularity in live albums, but I don't see why Live-Evil isn't as well known as Bitches Brew. I love both of them though. Do you have a different favorite live album from that era? I don't have any others at the moment.

For me, I probably listen to Agharta/ Pangea more, but those 70's live albums are all worth hearing, some aren't great recordings though, Black Beauty is good, It's About That Time which was Shorter's last gig is pretty intense as well . In Concert deals with the On The Corner material more. The Live at the Fillmore , and Live In Europe from the bootleg series are really good as well.
It's funny, I think some of it is just the lack of popularity in live albums, but I don't see why Live-Evil isn't as well known as Bitches Brew. I love both of them though. Do you have a different favorite live album from that era? I don't have any others at the moment.

For me, I probably listen to Agharta/ Pangea more, but those 70's live albums are all worth hearing, some aren't great recordings though, Black Beauty is good, It's About That Time which was Shorter's last gig is pretty intense as well . In Concert deals with the On The Corner material more. The Live at the Fillmore , and Live In Europe from the bootleg series are really good as well.
Thanks! I'll check em out.

Live-Evil of course. Black Beauty is great and Dark Magus is the band that did Agharta.
I’m a fan of Big Fun, too, which is mostly outtakes from that period. (Not live, obviously)

Does anyone know any of the details on the Heavenly Sweetness label? (quality, pressings, mastering) -- hard to get much from their site, but LiTA seems to be adding them and there is a range of releases. ABOUT

Can't say for sure what their sourcing is-- but I have a copy of Black Fire from them, and it sounds very, very nice. But they may be digital, or possibly from copy tapes? Since they're based in France, I'd guess they're not using original tape? Not really sure. Looks like LiTA doesn't have any of their Blue Note releases in stock, which is a shame. I'd love to grab more.

Can't say for sure what their sourcing is-- but I have a copy of Black Fire from them, and it sounds very, very nice. But they may be digital, or possibly from copy tapes? Since they're based in France, I'd guess they're not using original tape? Not really sure. Looks like LiTA doesn't have any of their Blue Note releases in stock, which is a shame. I'd love to grab more.
Thanks -- I think that LiTA just started adding the images before the stock arrived the may just be pre-listing. (and yes, lots of good cuts)

Back