Jazz

I have a 1975 original copy of Keith Jarrett - The Köln Concert, but unfortunately, much of Disc Two is tinny and quite unlistenable. I was wondering if anyone can provide any guidance or info about this copy on Amazon. How is the pressing? What does OGV indicate?

Amazon Koln Concert

Thanks!
I have it. It a good pressing, flat and very quiet, with a good sense of sound/space.

For all you podcast fans, this looks like it will be a good one. Theres lots of jazz related episode of the vinyl guide and they are all great!

IMG_9787.jpg

"New" Makaya McCraven

Fat Beats Exclusive

Just spotted this on the SOTU website - incredible lineup on this Soul Jazz 3LP +7" compilation although I think these are all previously released tracks. If I didn't have most of the albums these songs are on it would be a nice set to spin. Probably a great entry point set like the Brownswood 'We Out Here' album.

Matthew Halsall
Theon Cross
Seed Ensemble
Ebi Soda
Ill Considered
Vels Trio
Ruby Rushton
Nat Birchall
Makaya McCraven etc....... can't go wrong

Just spotted this on the SOTU website - incredible lineup on this Soul Jazz 3LP +7" compilation although I think these are all previously released tracks. If I didn't have most of the albums these songs are on it would be a nice set to spin. Probably a great entry point set like the Brownswood 'We Out Here' album.

Matthew Halsall
Theon Cross
Seed Ensemble
Ebi Soda
Ill Considered
Vels Trio
Ruby Rushton
Nat Birchall
Makaya McCraven etc....... can't go wrong

Anybody know where to get this in the US? SoTU's shipping kills me most of the time, which is understandable since most shipping from the UK can be pricey...

Anybody know where to get this in the US? SoTU's shipping kills me most of the time, which is understandable since most shipping from the UK can be pricey...
This will be available from almost every store...

Edit: Oh, just saw US - maybe try Rough Trade?

This will be available from almost every store...
That's what I thought/was hoping, but no preorder links seem to be up for US stores. I've also had a lot of trouble finding even the Jazzman comps in the states for a decent price up until recently.

Back