Jazz

Yep, probably good for my wallet but SotU, Honest Jons and Jazzman all have odd bits on that I'd like but I'm waiting to see if I can get them all from one place to save on shipping!
Certainly makes sense. I hate how much places are charging for postage nowadays. There's been a few instances where online shops are expecting me to pay £5 postage for a £15 record. The most annoying is when a record arrives and I can see that it cost them a couple of quid but I paid something like £4.50. Theres no way they are paying £2.50 per mailer.

Certainly makes sense. I hate how much places are charging for postage nowadays. There's been a few instances where online shops are expecting me to pay £5 postage for a £15 record. The most annoying is when a record arrives and I can see that it cost them a couple of quid but I paid something like £4.50. Theres no way they are paying £2.50 per mailer.

Yeah, I know people don't like using them but it's one of the reasons I still use Amazon a lot. Especially over this last few months, they've been keeping their free shipping and they've been the only place that hasn't taken a fortnight to arrive. Can't wait until I feel confident enough to just go back to a record shop to be honest.

Yeah, I know people don't like using them but it's one of the reasons I still use Amazon a lot. Especially over this last few months, they've been keeping their free shipping and they've been the only place that hasn't taken a fortnight to arrive. Can't wait until I feel confident enough to just go back to a record shop to be honest.
Yeah completely agree. Its a real shame as well and im finding it feed into ebay and the like as well. I always factor shipping costs into my bids so it doesnt really affect me, but still find it very cheeky on the side of the seller.

I bought a 2LP TP of 'Thelonious Monk Quartet With John Coltrane ‎– At Carnegie Hall' on ebay with a 'winning bid' of £9.99 (the actual album goes for £23+ on ebay) and had to pay £9.50 on top of that for postage (still less than I was willing to pay overall for the album). I actually messaged the seller to ask if the £9.50 was a typo and had a reply to say that £9.50 is the cost of shipping the record and a mailer. It arrived in a second-hand mailer (which I am fine with as long as it's still strong) and was 2nd class. That's taking the piss as far as I'm concerned as they were clearly making money from postage.

Yeah completely agree. Its a real shame as well and im finding it feed into ebay and the like as well. I always factor shipping costs into my bids so it doesnt really affect me, but still find it very cheeky on the side of the seller.

I bought a 2LP TP of 'Thelonious Monk Quartet With John Coltrane ‎– At Carnegie Hall' on ebay with a 'winning bid' of £9.99 (the actual album goes for £23+ on ebay) and had to pay £9.50 on top of that for postage (still less than I was willing to pay overall for the album). I actually messaged the seller to ask if the £9.50 was a typo and had a reply to say that £9.50 is the cost of shipping the record and a mailer. It arrived in a second-hand mailer (which I am fine with as long as it's still strong) and was 2nd class. That's taking the piss as far as I'm concerned as they were clearly making money from postage.

Oh man I've noticed that too, you'll get a fair/decent price, but the shipping will be something stupid like $10 or whatever. They hope you don't notice the amount so they can make some extra cash. I really hate that-- shipping charges are getting nuts, even from big retailers. And forget about buying anything from the UK or the EU right now, especially not through bandcamp. I've bought a few jazz releases from the UK via bandcamp but the shipping is just always crazy.

I have a 1975 original copy of Keith Jarrett - The Köln Concert, but unfortunately, much of Disc Two is tinny and quite unlistenable. I was wondering if anyone can provide any guidance or info about this copy on Amazon. How is the pressing? What does OGV indicate?

Amazon Koln Concert

Thanks!

New Nat Birchall out. Sample track sounds excellent.

Whole album up on his Bandcamp

I have a 1975 original copy of Keith Jarrett - The Köln Concert, but unfortunately, much of Disc Two is tinny and quite unlistenable. I was wondering if anyone can provide any guidance or info about this copy on Amazon. How is the pressing? What does OGV indicate?

Amazon Koln Concert

Thanks!

This is probably the most recent pressing. I’ve bought many newer ECM pressings and they are good quality. I’ve got my eye on this one, but other things keep getting in my way.

Today would have been Lee Morgan's 82nd Birthday. I made an instagram post earlier (I will post later) and arranged all my records with Lee as lead, plus some oddities where he particular shines. Most of these are first presses with some decent enough reissues thrown in for good measure. I've also included a few books worth reading.

IMG_9567.JPG
IMG_9574.JPG

The Albert Ayler documentary from 2006 got uploaded to YouTube. Really stoked to finally see this

Just finished this and wow. I knew Coltrane was very fond of him, especially due to Ayler playing his funeral, but yeah. What a great artist. I can’t imagine all the great he would have done had he lived longer. Getting insight into his family and personal life was also really something. Highly recommended

The Albert Ayler documentary from 2006 got uploaded to YouTube. Really stoked to finally see this

Thanks for this! Gonna watch this later. The cemetery from the beginning is very near where I live. I've been there to pay my respects to Albert. Was surprised at how plain the gravestone was. Really hard to find in the winter especially.
Screenshot_20200530-190743_Strava.jpg

Thanks SO MUCH for sharing this. I tried to find a way of watching it a while ago after seeing the Lee Morgan documentary (which is by the same director). I will certainly be watching this in the next few days. As a weird coincidence, I managed to find a first pressing of the album with the same name the other day:

IMG_9629.JPG

What’s the general consensus on the Coltrane 1963 box set? With the stackable codes at Udiscover it’s like 60 bucks right now.
Worth it imo. Especially if you don’t own the material. It gives a chronological progression of his work.
I know ,I am dumbing down its worth. But I paid twice that and didn’t bat an eye

audio quality - fine.Don’t expect audiophile quality but by no means is this just avg either

Back