Jazz

Wonder if there's an amazon glitch...other people were saying in the Online Deals thread that even on US amazon, it won't let them buy certain albums.

I've noticed amazon UK has stopped shipping some records to the USA. I wanted to get this Gene box set that's coming out and they won't ship it.

Wonder if there's an amazon glitch...other people were saying in the Online Deals thread that even on US amazon, it won't let them buy certain albums.

Same with Amazon In Japan. It says they can't ship almost all the items I have in my cart to France, thing that never happened before.

I've noticed amazon UK has stopped shipping some records to the USA. I wanted to get this Gene box set that's coming out and they won't ship it.
I ordered Elevation a few weeks back from Amazon UK and still waiting for it to ship. Was the cheapest I could find it by quite a bit. I'm wondering if it will even ship.

EDIT: 5 minutes later got shipping notification.

Last edited:
Just watched an incredible documentary called 'The Jazz Loft According to W. Eugene Smith'. Its on Amazon Prime (UK) for those that are interested and its incredible. Follows the story of the loft owned by photographer W. Eugene Smith and all the jam sessions that happened there (theres a lengthy bit about Monk turning up and practising for his Town Hall Orchestra release).

Hey yall, so I'm still rolling around in the OJC shallows, but I thought I'd pass along this little tidbit I picked up on. The current production OJC version of Sonny Rollins's Tenor Madness uses plates cut by Hoffman and Gray-- so essentially audiophile quality AAA mastering. It's also pressed at RTI, so it's pretty darn nice.

I also picked up a couple other Bill Evans OJC recent reissues. I'm like 80% sure they're digital, but they're pressed at RTI and sound pretty good for the price.

I recently picked up a few Sam Records titles and here want to promote 'Afternoon in Paris' by John Lewis (piano) and Sacha Distel (guitar). It's a beautiful record and many already have sung the praises of the phenomenal sound quality associated with this label. I haven't come across much jazz with guitar, but to my ear, anyone who likes Grant Green surely would enjoy this record. Barney Wilen on tenor sax also is fantastic. Have a taste here and then grab a copy while there are copies still to grab. Looks like it's sold out on the Sam Records site but Acoustic Sounds has it in stock, and I suspect there are overseas options as well.

I recently picked up a few Sam Records titles and here want to promote 'Afternoon in Paris' by John Lewis (piano) and Sacha Distel (guitar). It's a beautiful record and many already have sung the praises of the phenomenal sound quality associated with this label. I haven't come across much jazz with guitar, but to my ear, anyone who likes Grant Green surely would enjoy this record. Barney Wilen on tenor sax also is fantastic. Have a taste here and then grab a copy while there are copies still to grab. Looks like it's sold out on the Sam Records site but Acoustic Sounds has it in stock, and I suspect there are overseas options as well.
Couldn't agree more, its such a fantastic pressing of a stunning session. I am slowly making my way through a Sam Records delivery I had recently (savouring them rather than binging) and one release which blew me away was the Barney Wilen Quintet ‎– Barney Wilen Quintet. I must of played that 4-5 times this week alone, its just amazing and I thoroughly recommend it if its still in stock (can be found on discogs by the looks of it).

Couldn't agree more, its such a fantastic pressing of a stunning session. I am slowly making my way through a Sam Records delivery I had recently (savouring them rather than binging) and one release which blew me away was the Barney Wilen Quintet ‎– Barney Wilen Quintet. I must of played that 4-5 times this week alone, its just amazing and I thoroughly recommend it if its still in stock (can be found on discogs by the looks of it).
Cool! Thanks for the recommendation. That one's on its way to me from Spain! Glad to know it's another stunner.

Highly recommended. 🔥

Nubya Garcia - Source

Last edited:
Highly recommended. 🔥

Nubya Garcia - Source
Yesssssss. Shes been teasing this for ages as well!

Highly recommended. 🔥

Nubya Garcia - Source

Not keen on that dub track. Any other samples you've found to listen to?

Back