Jazz

They release too much! I sold all of their albums except for the Christmas one and I'm okay with it!
I agree they used to but it seems like (and I hope) they are slowing down to focus on the quality over quantity. Didnt they only release one album last year? Of course, there was also the Wildflower 2 and MADMADMAD which I think were both last year as well.

I agree they used to but it seems like (and I hope) they are slowing down to focus on the quality over quantity. Didnt they only release one album last year? Of course, there was also the Wildflower 2 and MADMADMAD which I think were both last year as well.

Yeah and all of it is pretty good. It's just too much shelf space for one artist, especially when I need more room for classics.

Yeah and all of it is pretty good. It's just too much shelf space for one artist, especially when I need more room for classics.
Very true. As much as I like them, albums 5 to 8 kind of blur into one to me as its tricky to distinguish between them. I love their 'Live At Total Refreshment Centre' and 'Live At The Crypt' because they seem to play a lot more loosely. I believe this new one is also made up of live sessions.

I've been looking to buy a jazz poster to go up on the wall above my record player and realised that a few of you guys might have already done something similar? Anyone care to share some photos/links? Cheers
A bit of a mess and a sloppy pic, but here’s mine. Nothing rare or anything, but I have always loved this shot of Trane.7E45ECE5-C922-4A2A-ABF2-EC0FDB41ACB7.jpeg

Wow, theres a TON of releases and announcements today. Tenderlonious is the next one to release an LP (tomorrow at 9am).

On a side note, for those of you sleeping on the Ill Considered 9 release (@Poly-Rythmo) there is only 11 copies left with no represses.
EDIT: Annnnnnnnnd its gone. Wow that was fast.

Last edited:
Is A Shoal of Souls worth the 29€+shipping Yazz Ahmed asks for? It's only 6 minutes long...

Is A Shoal of Souls worth the 29€+shipping Yazz Ahmed asks for? It's only 6 minutes long...
Ok so I did actually did buy this a while back when I also bought an album of hers. At the time I had just sold a lot of records and had the money burning in my pocket, but had I not been in that position I would not have bought it. It is a really good track (actually one of my favourites of hers) and the artwork is really cool (as well as the white coloured etching on the b-side) but it is very very expensive for the amount of music you actually get.

Wow, theres a TON of releases and announcements today. Tenderlonious is the next one to release an LP (tomorrow at 9am).

On a side note, for those of you sleeping on the Ill Considered 9 release (@Poly-Rythmo) there is only 11 copies left with no represses.
EDIT: Annnnnnnnnd its gone. Wow that was fast.

It was actually sold out yesterday so they must not have had all copies online at once. I could assume they put more up again.

Ok so I did actually did buy this a while back when I also bought an album of hers. At the time I had just sold a lot of records and had the money burning in my pocket, but had I not been in that position I would not have bought it. It is a really good track (actually one of my favourites of hers) and the artwork is really cool (as well as the white coloured etching on the b-side) but it is very very expensive for the amount of music you actually get.

My feeling too. Artwork seems really nice, it would be a nice add-on to my UK Jazz collection but I am not sure I'll spend 29€ on 6 minutes of music.

Tenderlonious is up for preorder! First 200 copies include a printed insert of the cover art.

anybody see anything good in the indie label market sale?

I am a bit disappointed. I was expecting more. The physical ILM fairs are really good and I grabbed some really great and/or rare records but I can't see anything reaaaally worth the wait.

Only things I am eyeing are :

And i missed it :

Non exclusives but still on Bandamp, I may purchase Minyo Crusaders new EP, A Shoal of Soul (but probably won't), both Hania Rani records on Gondwana and A Comet is Coming Death to the Planet EP.

Last edited:
Back