Jazz

Which one's your favorite?

Sound-wise, I like the OG Canadian mono pressing.

For the weird factor, it's got to be this one:
R-3641771-1461916053-2844.jpeg.jpg

So....walk us through the story of this obsession!
I'm just a big Miles nerd. I have all of his appearances on vinyl that were released in his lifetime. Kind of Blue is still one of the top records for me in terms of the lineup, its musical significance, and just the overall vibe. The collection started with the MoFi edition, then an OG mono, then I found a good deal on a "first pressing" stereo that turned out to be a CBS overprint (which sounds great, btw), so I sought out a real first pressing 6-eye. At that point I joked with a friend that I wanted to do a March Madness elimination pressing tournament with a 64 copy bracket of different KoB pressings. After that, when I saw something interesting that I didn't already have, I grabbed it. Now I think I have every mono and stereo US version through the end of the 1970s, and all of the Japanese versions, as well. I have a handful of Canadian and European pressings, to round out the collection. I just re-counted: 46 copies.

I'm just a big Miles nerd. I have all of his appearances on vinyl that were released in his lifetime. Kind of Blue is still one of the top records for me in terms of the lineup, its musical significance, and just the overall vibe. The collection started with the MoFi edition, then an OG mono, then I found a good deal on a "first pressing" stereo that turned out to be a CBS overprint (which sounds great, btw), so I sought out a real first pressing 6-eye. At that point I joked with a friend that I wanted to do a March Madness elimination pressing tournament with a 64 copy bracket of different KoB pressings. After that, when I saw something interesting that I didn't already have, I grabbed it. Now I think I have every mono and stereo US version through the end of the 1970s, and all of the Japanese versions, as well. I have a handful of Canadian and European pressings, to round out the collection. I just re-counted: 46 copies.
That’s amazing haha! I have four copies: the MoFi, six eye mono, 2 eye stereo and the 2 LP Classic Records one with the speed corrected versions. I prefer it in stereo and the Classic is the one for me. So good. Honestly every copy I’ve had sounded pretty good save for my complaints about QC on the MoFi. Thankfully it was a good recording, The album is a top 10 for me and was the very first vinyl record I ever bought.

Back