Jazz

I feel bad the TPs are so expensive in the UK. Next time I'm over there, I'll bring a suitcase of them for you guys hah

In all seriousness, next time you visit, if you don't mind carrying a few records over with you, there's a couple of of labels like Firehouse 12 and Triple Point that are already pretty pricey over there but you know, sort of affordable for boutique labels but imported over here are insanely expensive. I've just stretched to a Taylor Ho Bynum one on Firehouse that's cost me £55 for a $40 record. If you'd carry me a couple over I'd obviously reimburse you up front and buy you a few beers for your trouble ☺

I'm being somewhat serious...I'll let you guys know next time I'm in the UK. I go to London at least once a year and would be happy to pick up some at US prices if anybody really wants something. Obviously hard to know right now when I'll be back next, but my fiancée is from the UK so we'll be there at least once a year for the foreseeable future.
In all seriousness, next time you visit, if you don't mind carrying a few records over with you, there's a couple of of labels like Firehouse 12 and Triple Point that are already pretty pricey over there but you know, sort of affordable for boutique labels but imported over here are insanely expensive. I've just stretched to a Taylor Ho Bynum one on Firehouse that's cost me £55 for a $40 record. If you'd carry me a couple over I'd obviously reimburse you up front and buy you a few beers for your trouble ☺

If your fiancée wants to see the Eiffel Tower during you stay in Europe, let me know as well :p

I'll try to remember to let ya know! When we go over, we typically are in London for a few days then head to Notts where my fiancées parents are.

I'll try to remember to let ya know! When we go over, we typically are in London for a few days then head to Notts where my fiancées parents are.
My best mate lives in Nottingham, such a fantastic place to live. Im sure you know, but the council passed a legislation that any new bar or pub needs to have a USP. The result is that every place is themed or has a cool thing about it (retro gaming bar, spooky bar, secret bar - boiler room, vinyl bar etc). Also love kayaking in the summer, tons of little islands on the river. God damn.....now I want to live in Nottingham.

My best mate lives in Nottingham, such a fantastic place to live. Im sure you know, but the council passed a legislation that any new bar or pub needs to have a USP. The result is that every place is themed or has a cool thing about it (retro gaming bar, spooky bar, secret bar - boiler room, vinyl bar etc). Also love kayaking in the summer, tons of little islands on the river. God damn.....now I want to live in Nottingham.
Yea--it's such a cool city! I've only been there twice so far. My girlfriend was in London for a few weeks for work in the fall and I flew there to surprise her and propose. Then we headed to Notts afterwards to see her parents and got to explore for a few days. They live right on Wollaton Park which is beautiful. It's an awesome city! I only got to hit up Rough Trade when I was there (everything else was closed on the day we did some shopping in town) but I'm excited to go back.

Speaking of Nottingham...

I was just going to post that. So tempted to pick it up...on one hand my fiancee will love that it's from Notts...on the other hand she may kill me from all the vinyl I have purchased especially in the past few months...

Blue Note Re:Imagined

This summer will see the release of Blue Note Re:imagined; a brand-new collection of classic Blue Note tracks, reworked and newly recorded by a selection of the UK scene’s most exciting young talents.

Representing a bridge between the ground-breaking label’s past and future, the project features contributions from a rollcall of 16 revered UK acts including Ezra Collective, Nubya Garcia, Poppy Ajudha, Jordan Rakei and Brit Award-winning Jorja Smith.

Blue Note, which celebrated its milestone 80th anniversary in 2019, boasts an illustrious catalogue that traces the entire history of jazz and the Re:imagined project features music originally created by some of its most legendary artists.
TRACKLIST:
1. Jorja Smith - Rose Rouge
2. Ezra Collective - Footprints
3. Poppy Ajudha - Watermelon Man
4. Jordan Rakei - Wind Parade
5. Skinny Pelembe - Illusion (Silly Apparition)
6. Alfa Mist - Galaxy
7. Ishmael Ensemble - Search For Peace
8. Nubya Garcia - A Shade Of Jade
9. Steam Down - Etcetera
10. Blue Lab Beats - Montara
11. Yazmin Lacey - I Will Never Stop Loving You
12. Fieh - Armageddon
13. Mr Jukes - Bombay – Maiden Voyage
14. Shabaka Hutchings - Prints Tie
15. Melt Yourself Down - Caribbean Fire Dance
16. Emma-Jean Thackray - Speak No Evil / Night Dreamer

TRACKLIST:
1. Jorja Smith - Rose Rouge
2. Ezra Collective - Footprints
3. Poppy Ajudha - Watermelon Man
4. Jordan Rakei - Wind Parade
5. Skinny Pelembe - Illusion (Silly Apparition)
6. Alfa Mist - Galaxy
7. Ishmael Ensemble - Search For Peace
8. Nubya Garcia - A Shade Of Jade
9. Steam Down - Etcetera
10. Blue Lab Beats - Montara
11. Yazmin Lacey - I Will Never Stop Loving You
12. Fieh - Armageddon
13. Mr Jukes - Bombay – Maiden Voyage
14. Shabaka Hutchings - Prints Tie
15. Melt Yourself Down - Caribbean Fire Dance
16. Emma-Jean Thackray - Speak No Evil / Night Dreamer
Did this really sell out already in the BN store? I checked all day and all vinyl versions just say sold out. It was only put up this AM!

Did this really sell out already in the BN store? I checked all day and all vinyl versions just say sold out. It was only put up this AM!
It's been showing as sold out in the US ever since I've just learned about this release today - when I had posted the links.
Don't know what's going on with the US store...

It's been showing as sold out in the US ever since I've just learned about this release today - when I had posted the links.
Don't know what's going on with the US store...
Well I have the blue version from Sound of Vinyl on order as a backup I suppose! I thought maybe it was going to be released at noon and wasn't put up yet on the US store simply due to the time difference. I commented on one of their IG posts and another person said they already ordered from the US BN site and now its sold out but didn't get any official response yet from BN.

Just saw this, I cant wait for an affordable A Love Supreme thats AAA!!! This is gonna be great. Side note - not sure how they can improve on the AP Getz Gilberto but ill probably get that too.

Just saw this, I cant wait for an affordable A Love Supreme thats AAA!!! This is gonna be great. Side note - not sure how they can improve on the AP Getz Gilberto but ill probably get that too.

Interesting. Looks like they saw how successful the Tone Poet series has worked for Blue Note. Hope it is priced similarly and is not an Acoustic Sounds exclusive.

Interesting. Looks like they saw how successful the Tone Poet series has worked for Blue Note. Hope it is priced similarly and is not an Acoustic Sounds exclusive.

$35 so same price range as Tone Poets

EDIT

As usual, a bit more for us Europeans :

This is AWESOME news

Back