Jazz

Blue Note Re:Imagined

This summer will see the release of Blue Note Re:imagined; a brand-new collection of classic Blue Note tracks, reworked and newly recorded by a selection of the UK scene’s most exciting young talents.

Representing a bridge between the ground-breaking label’s past and future, the project features contributions from a rollcall of 16 revered UK acts including Ezra Collective, Nubya Garcia, Poppy Ajudha, Jordan Rakei and Brit Award-winning Jorja Smith.

Blue Note, which celebrated its milestone 80th anniversary in 2019, boasts an illustrious catalogue that traces the entire history of jazz and the Re:imagined project features music originally created by some of its most legendary artists.

Last edited:

This summer will see the release of Blue Note Re:imagined; a brand-new collection of classic Blue Note tracks, reworked and newly recorded by a selection of the UK scene’s most exciting young talents.

Representing a bridge between the ground-breaking label’s past and future, the project features contributions from a rollcall of 16 revered UK acts including Ezra Collective, Nubya Garcia, Poppy Ajudha, Jordan Rakei and Brit Award-winning Jorja Smith.

Blue Note, which celebrated its milestone 80th anniversary in 2019, boasts an illustrious catalogue that traces the entire history of jazz and the Re:imagined project features music originally created by some of its most legendary artists.
Well dammmmmmn

Edit: Is it actually sold out on the Blue Note website, or just not up for sale yet? I would of thought that this wasnt going to be a limited release? I certainly dont want to miss out on it as it sounds like a killer collection.

Wow! Instabuy, as soon as I can buy!

Well dammmmmmn

Edit: Is it actually sold out on the Blue Note website, or just not up for sale yet? I would of thought that this wasnt going to be a limited release? I certainly dont want to miss out on it as it sounds like a killer collection.
It’s up on sound of vinyl (posted link above). I’m guessing it’s just not up for sale yet? I’d be shocked if it sold out already. I didn’t even hear about it until today and I’d like to think we are all pretty plugged in to these kinds of releases...

Some more info there. The list of artists involved is incredible.

Anybody know if it’s easy to cancel from Sound of Vinyl? I definitely don’t want to miss out on this one but ordering from them shipped from the U.K. is quite expensive...

Anybody know if it’s easy to cancel from Sound of Vinyl? I definitely don’t want to miss out on this one but ordering from them shipped from the U.K. is quite expensive...
Just send them a message using their contact form if you’d like to cancel an order.

Just noticed also @Selaws there's 20% off sitewide at the BN UK store which knocks nearly 7 quid of the latest Tone Poets.
Do you know if the discount already applied? £32.99 plus £6.61 (min) postage is still pretty cheap compared to what I have been able to pick up the others for. Really confusing as for some reason these latest ones (including Herbie) havent seemed to budge in price the same way the others have in the past.

Do you know if the discount already applied? £32.99 plus £6.61 (min) postage is still pretty cheap compared to what I have been able to pick up the others for. Really confusing as for some reason these latest ones (including Herbie) havent seemed to budge in price the same way the others have in the past.

Yeah, I'm a bit confused now myself as I expected 20% to be deducted at checkout but nothing seems to be changing and I can't see a code anywhere to use so I'm not actually sure if these prices are already supposed to be reduced (which at £32 each they aren't)!

Yeah, I'm a bit confused now myself as I expected 20% to be deducted at checkout but nothing seems to be changing and I can't see a code anywhere to use so I'm not actually sure if these prices are already supposed to be reduced (which at £32 each they aren't)!
In the past they have excluded the latest Tone Poets from the discount. Might have done the same here.

Weird...the TPs are included in the sale in the US site. It automatically gets taken off when you add to cart. But it only brings them to $27 + shipping which is still often more expensive than Amazon. And BN's delivery is reeeeally slow ha.

I feel bad the TPs are so expensive in the UK. Next time I'm over there, I'll bring a suitcase of them for you guys hah
They really are. Although they also do drop crazily on certain websites at certain times. I never thought I would bother with the Cassandra Wilson because it was always listed at £35+. Then it popped up on Dodax for less than £20 and I bought it, really enjoyed it and now it gets played a decent amount.

They really are. Although they also do drop crazily on certain websites at certain times. I never thought I would bother with the Cassandra Wilson because it was always listed at £35+. Then it popped up on Dodax for less than £20 and I bought it, really enjoyed it and now it gets played a decent amount.
I'm being somewhat serious...I'll let you guys know next time I'm in the UK. I go to London at least once a year and would be happy to pick up some at US prices if anybody really wants something. Obviously hard to know right now when I'll be back next, but my fiancée is from the UK so we'll be there at least once a year for the foreseeable future.

Back