Jazz

I bought this last night even though with International shipping it cost nearly £40. It sounds amazing and is a vinyl only release with stellar looking packaging to boot. I received this lovely, personal response from Dave Rempis:

Thanks so much for your order, I sincerely appreciate it, especially at this strange and difficult time for so many artists. I'm heading to the post office shortly and will have this out to you asap. I normally send download codes when you order directly from Aerophonic, but this LP comes with a download card included.

Hope that you enjoy the music, and stay safe and well!

All the best from Chicago,

Dave Rempis

Please give the sample a listen and see if you can help these or other struggling artists out too.

Cheers! 🍻

I bought this last night even though with International shipping it cost nearly £40. It sounds amazing and is a vinyl only release with stellar looking packaging to boot. I received this lovely, personal response from Dave Rempis:

Thanks so much for your order, I sincerely appreciate it, especially at this strange and difficult time for so many artists. I'm heading to the post office shortly and will have this out to you asap. I normally send download codes when you order directly from Aerophonic, but this LP comes with a download card included.

Hope that you enjoy the music, and stay safe and well!

All the best from Chicago,

Dave Rempis

Please give the sample a listen and see if you can help these or other struggling artists out too.

Cheers! 🍻
It looks lovely -- ordered!

Also: Does anyone know how those Music on Vinyl presses of the Miles Lives sets sound? Is it just the CD redbook ripped to vinyl? (I have the CD's) DAVIS, MILES - Vol. 1-Miles Davis Quintet-Live in Europe 1967-The - Amazon.com Music

The UDiscover store has 30% right now and a forthcoming reissue of Mingus' Black Saint and the Sinner Lady. Anybody know anything about this reissue coming in April? No description on the site except the photo shows it's stereo.

The UDiscover store has 30% right now and a forthcoming reissue of Mingus' Black Saint and the Sinner Lady. Anybody know anything about this reissue coming in April? No description on the site except the photo shows it's stereo.

Can't find any recent reissues other than the vital vinyl one last year.

Superior Viaduct is having an up to 50% off sale this weekend. Some great jazz titles in there (a bunch of Alice Coltrane, some Mingus, etc). No code, prices are adjusted until tomorrow. Lots of the good jazz stuff is about 30% off ($15 each)

Last edited:
Superior Viaduct is having a 50% off sale this weekend. Some great jazz titles in there (a bunch of Alice Coltrane, some Mingus, etc). No code, prices are adjusted until tomorrow.

That Joe McPhee album, Nation Time, is great.

That Joe McPhee album, Nation Time, is great.

Gotta check that one out. I didn’t realize they re-released Mingus Plays Piano:

I love Mingus Plays Piano. One of the few jazz albums I've been into for years.

I've got that copy. It's a great value

Wow, I’m surprised to hear Mingus Plays Piano is actually good. I just assumed that since it wasn’t his forte it would be mediocre lol. Looks like I got some listening to do.

Wow, I’m surprised to hear Mingus Plays Piano is actually good. I just assumed that since it wasn’t his forte it would be mediocre lol. Looks like I got some listening to do.
I bought it on a whim awhile back when I was binge buying jazz records on ebay haha. I was buying up anything under $15 that Mingus did and thought it would be cool to hear Mingus play piano. If you're a Blood Orange fan at all, you'll probably recognize the first track.

It's not like amazing playing, but the tracks are interesting and Mingus was a great composer, so it's pretty good.

It's not like amazing playing, but the tracks are interesting and Mingus was a great composer, so it's pretty good.
Yea--I think it's a pretty solid and interesting piano jazz album, especially for a guy who wasn't known for his piano playing. It's a great rainy day jazz record for me and for $15 I wouldn't hesitate at all to pick it up. I'm a big fan of Superior Viaduct too.

I was hoping I could get some help from you knowledgeable folks. I have been streaming Anita Day - Anita Sings The Most a ton lately and want to grab it on vinyl. Any recommendations for a pressing?

Back