January 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread :: Plant carrots in January and you'll never have to eat carrots.

Day 20 - Memorable Metal Moments
On this day in 1982 Ozzy Osbourne bit the head off a bat. On this day in 1989 MTV debuted the video for Metallica’s “One.” Play something heavy.

Honestly this is my least favorite Type O Negative album, but ended up only having to pay $1.60 out of pocket for it on Amazon and I haven't had a chance to spin it since it landed the other day.

Is it generally agreed that's a mangina on the front cover?

Screenshot_20220120-184656.jpg

On this day in 1982 Ozzy Osbourne bit the head off a bat. On this day in 1989 MTV debuted the video for Metallica’s “One.” Play something heavy.

Honestly this is my least favorite Type O Negative album, but ended up only having to pay $1.60 out of pocket for it on Amazon and I haven't had a chance to spin it since it landed the other day.

Is it generally agreed that's a mangina on the front cover?

View attachment 125753
I guess my mind always went to an abstract face of some sort but given the album title my guess it’s probably something phallic and now I can’t unsee it.

Edit: per Wikipedia

The album, originally titled None More Negative and released in 1990 under the group's former name Repulsion, launched the band's career. ... In keeping with the band's notable humor, the album's cover artwork is a blurred image of sexual penetration.

Last edited:
I guess my mind always went to an abstract face of some sort but given the album title my guess it’s probably something phallic and now I can’t I see it.

Edit: per Wikipedia

The album, originally titled None More Negative and released in 1990 under the group's former name Repulsion, launched the band's career. ... In keeping with the band's notable humor, the album's cover artwork is a blurred image of sexual penetration.
Today I learned. I always thought it was just a weird ass looking whatever the male equivalent of fupa is. Fuda I guess.

Edit: actually fupa still works.

Play something heavy.

I let Discogs random pick for me.

Hellyeah – Blood For Blood
Eleven Seven Music – ESM 144-1, 2014

Cut by Daniel Krieger at SST
Pressed at MPO

E3bW7X.jpg

VpEqMW.jpg

Day 21 - Give ‘em the Blues
On this day in 1982 B.B. King donated his entire record collection to the University of Mississippi's Center for the Study of Southern Culture. The collection included about 20,000 rare blues records. Play some blues.

I don't have any particularly old or rare blues records as they are mostly all recent represses. This one has perhaps the oldest recordings (in my collection) from 1928.

Mississippi John Hurt – American Epic (The Best Of: Mississippi John Hurt)

PXL_20220121_132110127.jpg

Last edited:
Day 21: Give ‘em the Blues
On this day in 1982 B.B. King donated his entire record collection to the University of Mississippi's Center for the Study of Southern Culture. The collection included about 20,000 rare blues records. Play some blues.

Taj Mahal - Taj Mahal
383A0D70-BEDD-4B66-8E76-F06B30AEBFA7.jpeg
You know I’ve had this album for a few years now and had never gotten around to spinning it, now’s a good time.

I know I've said it before, but I really like this album.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band - Straight To You Live

Screenshot_20220121-123522.jpg

Taj Mahal - Taj Mahal
View attachment 125812
You know I’ve had this album for a few years now and had never gotten around to spinning it, now’s a good time.

Leaving Trunk is a funky jam! Excellent choice.

Patrick Sweany "Every Hour Is A Dollar Gone" (2007 Nine Mile Records; 2017 reissue)

IMG_2115.JPG

Showing the back of this album instead of the cover because I dig the Cobra statue. I need to find myself one of those.

Muddy Waters ~ Electric Mud

1642789178390.png

I know I've said it before, but I really like this album.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band - Straight To You Live

View attachment 125813
He’s living out his SRV fantasies in that hat isn’t he?

Back