January 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread :: Plant carrots in January and you'll never have to eat carrots.

Day 18 - Entrance Music
Professional wrestlers Batista, El Perro Aguayo & Toots Mondt were all born on this day (1969, 1946 and 1894 respectively). Play the song you would use for entrance music if you were a pro wrestler.

The impending doom guitar of Tony Iommi. Geezer and Bill rumbling down below. Bomb raid sirens. Don't need Ozzy. Just need that first 50 seconds on a loop. I'm comin' to destroy...

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

This is the first LP I ever bought way back in 1973. As in this is that actual record.

20200501_015417.jpg

Last edited:
Day 19 - Iconic Women
OK I'm taking a bit of a twist on this one, my choice is an album all about iconic or forgotten women from our history, if you want to do your homework and have a history lesson on each one there is a podcast that has an episode on each track
20201114_131929.jpg

Frank Turner – No Man's Land​

Label:Polydor – 7783206, Xtra Mile Recordings – 7783206
Format:Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo, Blue
Released:16 Aug 2019

PODCAST

Day 18 - Entrance Music
Play the song you would use for entrance music if you were a pro wrestler.

I watched wrestling (WWF) back when I was a kid...then grew out of it. In college, my roommate watched WCW and I got back into it for a year or so, but I really haven't watched it all that much in the last 20 years or so.

I know the former White Sox player Paul Konerko used this as his walk-up song, but I think it works for any sporting event intro.

‘Harvester of Sorrow’

Metallica – ...And Justice For All
Rhino Records – R1 76156F, 1988/2004

From the 2004 Limited-Edition Vinyl Box Set

Cut by George Marino and Ray Janos at Sterling

j5VDok.jpg

JgVpas.jpg

Day 19 - Iconic Women
Dolly Parton and Janis Joplin were both born on this day (1946 and 1943 respectively). Play something by an iconic woman

I love Dolly and Janis, and have a few records by both, but I decided to go with yet another icon....

billie.jpeg

Day 19 - Iconic Women
Dolly Parton and Janis Joplin were both born on this day (1946 and 1943 respectively). Play something by an iconic woman.

I get goosebumps every time I play this one.
Every time.

Ella Fitzgerald - Sings the Cole Porter Songbook

BE8D2859-7AC8-4DBF-85E9-FF34789D14D2.jpeg

Back