January 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread :: Plant carrots in January and you'll never have to eat carrots.

Day 18 - Entrance Music
Professional wrestlers Batista, El Perro Aguayo & Toots Mondt were all born on this day (1969, 1946 and 1894 respectively). Play the song you would use for entrance music if you were a pro wrestler.

Lets Twofer this since it has Bautista on the cover. Cherry Bomb would be great entrance music, and could be the name of the signature move.

In my best Mean Gene Okerlund voice: "Imtheocean with a devastating Cherry Bomb from the top turnbuckle!"

Various Artists ~ Guardians of the Galaxy Soundtrack

1642526418963.png

Day 17: MLK Day
Stevie Wonder was one of the main figures in the campaign to make King’s birthday a national holiday. Play something by or connected to Stevie Wonder.

Stevie Wonder - Hotter Than July
F86D0B61-699E-4D38-BC20-6C74A9FE3631.jpeg

I don’t think anyone has play this yet thankfully but also kinda surprisingly based on the inner sleeve…
AA1262B5-B7D4-4EFB-B23B-A421C5F17FF3.jpeg

592607B9-21A7-4C8D-BD08-686760DFFF68.jpeg

Day 17: MLK Day
Stevie Wonder was one of the main figures in the campaign to make King’s birthday a national holiday. Play something by or connected to Stevie Wonder.

Stevie Wonder - Hotter Than July
View attachment 125457

I don’t think anyone has play this yet thankfully but also kinda surprisingly based on the inner sleeve…
View attachment 125458

View attachment 125459

It was my original plan had nobody played it but then I really wanted to spin Plants last night, so thanks for making sure this one got its day on its day!

It was my original plan had nobody played it but then I really wanted to spin Plants last night, so thanks for making sure this one got its day on its day!
I only have 3 Stevie records (so far) and the other two had already been played so I am glad you decided to spin Plants last night too!

Day 18: Entrance Music
Professional wrestlers Batista, El Perro Aguayo & Toots Mondt were all born on this day (1969, 1946 and 1894 respectively). Play the song you would use for entrance music if you were a pro wrestler.

Yo La Tengo - I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass
4FF31E99-24F3-44FB-8C8F-8A4F1B8D4B63.jpeg

I spent a good portion of my 2021 watching (and enjoying the hell out of) every WWF Pay-Per-Veiw from 1987’s Wrestlemania III through Wrestlemania 2000. So I feel like I am dialed in to what makes a great walk out song. Obviously, the album title would be appropriate for today’s challenge but I also think the album opener, “Pass The Hatchet, I Think I’m Goodkind” would make for excellent walkout music. First off the the track starts has a wordless intro based around some guitar heroics sitting over a forceful motorik beat which comes off as both menacing and energetic. The second part is the more under appreciated aspect. If you have a theme song and then go one to win the heavyweight title you will want to celebrate with your Hulkamaniacs by peacocking around the ring and at some point the PA is gonna start playing your song. The problem that most walk out songs fail to account for is length. If your walkout music is only a minute or two long they are gonna have to replay it multiple times while your celebrating which can get a bit annoying. The Nice thing about my selection is that, over ten minutes in run time; it’s not an issue you would run into very often if at all.

73D99B5F-39B0-41B9-90B0-9FFECEBB4D4A.jpeg

Day 18 - Entrance Music

Bo Baral "Funky Sex Machine" (2005 Tramp Records)
Yes! Love this theme. And I have totally though about this many years ago and this is the song I ended with. Originally released on the Poets Of Rhythm "compilation" Hotpie & Candy Record's Original Raw Soul Vol. 1 in 1996 (although different artists are listed, this is a fake compilation with all the songs by the Poets of Rhythm). This track has stood the test of time as my entrance song. Get out of the way motherfuckers, because here comes...

The good old machine. There's a funky funky sex machine.

IMG_2105.JPG

Day 18 - Entrance Music

Bo Baral "Funky Sex Machine" (2005 Tramp Records)
Yes! Love this theme. And I have totally though about this many years ago and this is the song I ended with. Originally released on the Poets Of Rhythm "compilation" Hotpie & Candy Record's Original Raw Soul Vol. 1 in 1996 (although different artists are listed, this is a fake compilation with all the songs by the Poets of Rhythm). This track has stood the test of time as my entrance song. Get out of the way motherfuckers, because here comes...

The good old machine. There's a funky funky sex machine.

View attachment 125472

A live look at @Turbo heading to the ring for tonight’s match…
02AF028E-E040-4A4A-917B-D61AD62B6D95.gif

Day 18 - Entrance Music

Loved this prompt! Ocean Size would be a good pick for me.

"No talking
All action"

Jane's Addiction - Nothing's Shocking

B112DB3B-D425-4431-B711-F0D0CD548348.jpeg

Day 18 - Entrance Music
Prince – Batman™ (Motion Picture Soundtrack)
20220118_124032.jpg

Anybody who has known me for the past twenty-some years knows my real answer to this prompt is actually "Sexy Boy" by Air, but I don't have Moon Safari on wax, so "Partyman" will have to do for today's challenge. Not the worst fallback, by any means!

Day 18 - Entrance Music

Big Black - Il Duce

This needs a bit of backstory. My friend was a big fan of WWF in the 80s and 90s and I would watch it with him and a few other friends. I really didn’t care for it much but it was good for a laugh and a beer before heading out. But what we did do was all come up our own wrestling personas. Mine was Il Duce. Mussolini always preened around like a wrestler I thought, like a screenwriter came up with him. Plus this wrestler came with his own theme tune performed by Steve Albini et al.
IMG_18_1045.jpg

Day 18 - Entrance Music

My wife and I used Ween's Fiesta as our entrance music at our wedding, but since I don't have that on vinyl I'll go with Pow!

beast.jpeg

Day 18: Entrance Music

Yo La Tengo - I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass
View attachment 125463

I spent a good portion of my 2021 watching (and enjoying the hell out of) every WWF Pay-Per-Veiw from 1987’s Wrestlemania III through Wrestlemania 2000. So I feel like I am dialed in to what makes a great walk out song. Obviously, the album title would be appropriate for today’s challenge but I also think the album opener, “Pass The Hatchet, I Think I’m Goodkind” would make for excellent walkout music. First off the the track starts has a wordless intro based around some guitar heroics sitting over a forceful motorik beat which comes off as both menacing and energetic. The second part is the more under appreciated aspect. If you have a theme song and then go one to win the heavyweight title you will want to celebrate with your Hulkamaniacs by peacocking around the ring and at some point the PA is gonna start playing your song. The problem that most walk out songs fail to account for is length. If your walkout music is only a minute or two long they are gonna have to replay it multiple times while your celebrating which can get a bit annoying. The Nice thing about my selection is that, over ten minutes in run time; it’s not an issue you would run into very often if at all.

View attachment 125466

Album title courtesy of Bucks “legend” Tim Thomas

Day 18 - Entrance Music

The Jesus Lizard - Goat
Song: “Monkey Trick”

AD895008-AB45-4490-92E6-1875C5C8F5DB.jpeg

This song has this great build up, finally reaching this climax at 3:11, which is where I would finally enter the ring and the fans would lose their mind. Is that how it usually goes? It’s been a while since I’ve watched wrestling.

Back