It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Ah yes, I remember that semi final very well 😒. Who the fuck is Stevie May again?

Another positive with having Considine making the Scotland squad is that it gives the national team another party song.

NBCSN is showing a couple of FAWSL games right now! First up City vs. United, followed by Chelsea vs. Arsenal

Boooo! You made me turn over to a game United are loosing! I’ve had enough of that with the men over the last 7 years 😂

Portugal VS France tonight. Who wins ends leader of the group and goes to the playoff. How many goals will Ronaldo score?

I thought this was cool.

Marcus Rashford is launching a book club and his own range of literature with the aim of giving children from lower socio-economic backgrounds the opportunity to embrace reading from an early age.

The Manchester United and England footballer is working with Macmillan Children’s Books (MCB) to promote reading and literacy among children from all backgrounds, and he talked about his own lack of access to books as a child.

I thought this was cool.

Marcus Rashford is launching a book club and his own range of literature with the aim of giving children from lower socio-economic backgrounds the opportunity to embrace reading from an early age.

The Manchester United and England footballer is working with Macmillan Children’s Books (MCB) to promote reading and literacy among children from all backgrounds, and he talked about his own lack of access to books as a child.
I love Rashford. He could run for British PM and win. Incredible human being and great footballer too.

I thought this was cool.

What I love about this is that he’s begun to receive what can only be describe as the beginning of a racially motivated campaign from the right wing media in the U.K. for humiliating the tories.

This was his only response

And his first public action was to launch yet another positive campaign to help improve children’s lives.

This sport/life can make you cynical but he really does seem to be one of the good ones who makes you feel a little bit of pride in working class people and values and that people can hold on to them even when their own lives are completely transformed.

What I love about this is that he’s begun to receive what can only be describe as the beginning of a racially motivated campaign from the right wing media in the U.K. for humiliating the tories.

This was his only response

And his first public action was to launch yet another positive campaign to help improve children’s lives.

This sport/life can make you cynical but he really does seem to be one of the good ones who makes you feel a little bit of pride in working class people and values and that people can hold on to them even when their own lives are completely transformed.

they've been doing it to Raheem Sterling for years :rolleyes:

they've been doing it to Raheem Sterling for years :rolleyes:

Yep. And not to knock Phil Foden, who is a good footballer and likely a nice lad but.

White lad - Awww how nice buys Mum a house.

Sterling - ostentacious bling pad

Rashford - implication that spending obscene amounts on property whilst campaigning for money from govt

Also read the subtle subtext in the language used and the way terms are couched in the article as well as the sensationalist headline.

All the same right wing rag too.

United fans and hating Mourinho. Name a more iconic duo. 😂

I think Arsenal and Barcelona fans hate him more but I didn’t want him to start with and his demeanour over the 3 years was a disgrace.

That said he does appear to have regained his mojo this year and wow is Kane a really top drawer player who is improving all the time. This is the best I’ve seen him play, his evolution from a greedy goal scorer to a team player, whilst still keeping the goals, is a really exciting transition for Spurs. I still think the centre halves might see you fall short but this is a much better team than I thought it was.

Last edited:
Klopp spitting straight facts about broadcasters and fixture scheduling. His rant begins at about 2:40 🔥

Doesnt work 😒

That said fixture scheduling has been particularly bizarre. Ole was rightfully furious about us playing the early game on a Saturday off the back of an away game in Istanbul on the Wednesday evening. It’s crazy.

Doesnt work 😒

That said fixture scheduling has been particularly bizarre. Ole was rightfully furious about us playing the early game on a Saturday off the back of an away game in Istanbul on the Wednesday evening. It’s crazy.
I can't find a UK mirror, but here's some of his quotes.

I can't find a UK mirror, but here's some of his quotes.

Yeah he’s right, even if they’re lucky in that unlike us with the 6 hour flight back from Istanbul before the Everton match they are at least at home. I think the opportunism by some of the smaller clubs in forcing the PL to be the only league without 5 subs and the crazy scheduling is going to play havock with injuries in the second half of the season.

Back