It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

When the equaliser went in I wasn’t surprised. I’d expected it. I’m not used to Scotland being in control of a game. I’d resigned myself that it was over during the penalties. My brother in law and I lost it at the save.

I remember going to most of the home qualifiers for France 16 and as my pal and I left one of them he was talking about going to the tournament and I turned and said I had never given a single though to that, like it was completely unrelated to the purpose of the games I’d paid to join the Tartan Army and buy tickets for. Going through the motions.

I can only put that in the top 3 of most elated I’ve been at the end of a game, it’d be hard to dislodge the semi-final and final of the Scottish Cup in 2014, when St Johnstone won it.

When the equaliser went in I wasn’t surprised. I’d expected it. I’m not used to Scotland being in control of a game. I’d resigned myself that it was over during the penalties. My brother in law and I lost it at the save.

I remember going to most of the home qualifiers for France 16 and as my pal and I left one of them he was talking about going to the tournament and I turned and said I had never given a single though to that, like it was completely unrelated to the purpose of the games I’d paid to join the Tartan Army and buy tickets for. Going through the motions.

I can only put that in the top 3 of most elated I’ve been at the end of a game, it’d be hard to dislodge the semi-final and final of the Scottish Cup in 2014, when St Johnstone won it.
Ah yes, I remember that semi final very well 😒. Who the fuck is Stevie May again?

Another positive with having Considine making the Scotland squad is that it gives the national team another party song.

Sad that we won’t have a home team playing in the matches in Dublin! Hoping Scotland can spring a few surprises and get out of the group stages.

If it's England, Scotland, Croatia, and Czech Republic that's a very doable group for Scotland!

Don’t say that to a Scotland fan! They’ve a habit of glorious failure. The pinnacle being the 1978 World Cup. They’d be more comfortable in a more difficult group In some ways 😂.

Also World Cup finalists and semi finalists in that group isn’t easy...

If it's England, Scotland, Croatia, and Czech Republic that's a very doable group for Scotland!
Calm yourself. We just managed to beat a COVID hit Czech team in our Nations League matches for the WC and even then we were riding our luck.
The fact 2 games are at Hampden tho, if crowds are back then the home crowd will be an advantage. England at Wembley is another matter.

Calm yourself. We just managed to beat a COVID hit Czech team in our Nations League matches for the WC and even then we were riding our luck.
The fact 2 games are at Hampden tho, if crowds are back then the home crowd will be an advantage. England at Wembley is another matter.
It's a group we have chance of getting out of, which means we will Scotland it and go out on goal difference...

Ah yes, I remember that semi final very well 😒. Who the fuck is Stevie May again?

Another positive with having Considine making the Scotland squad is that it gives the national team another party song.

I reckon half the bands in Scotland will have a crack at "Yes Sir" over the coming months. Some pals of mine got in ahead of time a few years ago.

(PB led by a fellow Saintee)

Sadly no videos of the Stevie May song...

Back