Incoming! The New Equipment Thread

Decware update…. After ordering on 12/27/22, I’m up to about #1200 on the list. I think when I started I was at about #2300.. seems like it’s tracking to early/mid next year maybe. I’m in there for a Torii MKV but have thought at varying times about switching to both a Sara or a Mystery amp… totally different and may depend on what speakers I have once it’s ready.

Gives me plenty of time to enjoy the current setup which has been so much fun to get to know.

Playing the long game with this Incoming! item. 😂
I placed my UFO2.1 order on 10/03/22. I’m hoping to receive the amp by the end of this year.

I considered switching to the Zen Triode Integrated amp to get some extra watts. My most efficient speakers (Triangle Comete EZ) are 90 DB sensitive , but I’m also considering picking up a set of Omega Super 8, a Klipsch Heresy or Forte, or possibly something from Zu to handle the UFO2.1.

I hope it’s worth the wait.

Last edited:
I placed my UFO2.1 order on 10/03/22. I’m hoping to receive the amp by the end of this year.

II e considered switching to the Zen Triode Integrated amp to get some extra watts. My most efficient speakers (Triangle Comete EZ) are 90 DB sensitive , but I’m also considering picking up a set of Omega Super 8, a Klipsch Heresy or Forte, or possibly something from Zu to handle the UFO2.1.

I hope it’s worth the wait.
Dear lord, I cannot imagine waiting 3 years for a piece of gear. There is exactly a 0.0% chance I would be ready, I would have bought seven other things and would have no money available when my place in line actually came up.

Dear lord, I cannot imagine waiting 3 years for a piece of gear. There is exactly a 0.0% chance I would be ready, I would have bought seven other things and would have no money available when my place in line actually came up.
I’ve turned my system over 2x since I placed that order. I view it as planning ahead for the upgrades I know I’m going to make.

End game is a fantasy. I don’t fight the upgrade urge anymore.

Give yourself time and you will recognize end game when you hear it. I’m there and it only took me 43 years! 😉
I’m quite happy with my system at the moment. The Kinki EX-M1+ has been a game changer for me in terms of amplification. Powerful, detailed, smooth with low end grunt.

That said, I’m looking forward to exploring more speakers and other systems tweaks (DACs, Phono Stages, cables, etc).

Ya, I’ve had 4 amps since I placed the order so things clearly aren’t set in stone around here. 😂

I’m so happy with my current combo that I’m not sure I’m going to want to replace them, but it’s at least a year away.

In the back of my head I know that if I’m satisfied at the time they’re ready to build I could switch to one of the less expensive models and use it for a second setup or switch to a phono stage to avoid losing my deposit.

Last edited:
Ya, I’ve had 4 amps since I placed the order so things clearly aren’t set in stone around here. 😂
I’ve basically had 2 systems going for the last 2 years. Switching up between solid state and tube amps and the speakers I have every couple of months keeps things fresh.

This doesn’t include my headphones. So much music and gear so little time to listen.

In home speaker comparison ahead.

With the discount, and the fact that they will fit on the current Skylan stands, I had to give the Sourcepoint 8’s a shot against the Harbeths.

Feeling like they should be quite different and a fun comparison.

Give yourself time and you will recognize end game when you hear it. I’m there and it only took me 43 years! 😉
I purchased my current main system speakers, amp and preamp 15-20 years ago. After several changes in the vinyl front-end in the past 6 years, I believe I’m settled for at least the next decade. It took about 30 years to get there in total.

That’s not a brand I’ve come across but they look awesome. Which model did you get?
I got the Stereo with the 64-step shunt attenuator. Khozmo actually primarily makes high-end attenuators that are used in some very nice equipment. I get the impression they started making their own preamps almost on a lark.

I got the Stereo with the 64-step shunt attenuator. Khozmo actually primarily makes high-end attenuators that are used in some very nice equipment. I get the impression they started making their own preamps almost on a lark.
Look forward to hearing how it compares to the Schitt gear… which you’ve had for quite a while right?

IMG_3325.jpeg
IMG_3323.jpeg

Didn’t realize it comes with a beautiful little external power supply.

I haven’t done an A-B against the Schiit, but it looks and sounds pretty freaking lovely, and has a nice quiet action. The knob is positionless and controls the attenuation level electrically. Gonna sit and listen for a while.

View attachment 198735
View attachment 198736

Didn’t realize it comes with a beautiful little external power supply.

I haven’t done an A-B against the Schiit, but it looks and sounds pretty freaking lovely, and has a nice quiet action. The knob is positionless and controls the attenuation level electrically. Gonna sit and listen for a while.
That is sexy! Love the number set up. Awesome!

Back