Incoming! The New Equipment Thread

C'mon guys I was having a great day talking about wonderful life affirming cables and then you all had to completely out of the blue bring up taxes... harshing my buzz bros

Sorry I’ve had enough booze to openly moan but not enough to have a buzz…

Last edited:
Decware update…. After ordering on 12/27/22, I’m up to about #1200 on the list. I think when I started I was at about #2300.. seems like it’s tracking to early/mid next year maybe. I’m in there for a Torii MKV but have thought at varying times about switching to both a Sara or a Mystery amp… totally different and may depend on what speakers I have once it’s ready.

Gives me plenty of time to enjoy the current setup which has been so much fun to get to know.

Playing the long game with this Incoming! item. 😂

Decware update…. After ordering on 12/27/22, I’m up to about #1200 on the list. I think when I started I was at about #2300.. seems like it’s tracking to early/mid next year maybe. I’m in there for a Torii MKV but have thought at varying times about switching to both a Sara or a Mystery amp… totally different and may depend on what speakers I have once it’s ready.

Gives me plenty of time to enjoy the current setup which has been so much fun to get to know.

Man and I thought the four months I waited for the NAD was torture.

Man 40%+ income tax, a random 4% recession income tax that’s still there 10 years after we came out of the recession, a pension contribution tax and 23% VAT, and we get none of that shit…
Yeah, well, we in America bitch about our taxes more! And at least one political party claims they’re, like, bigly huge!

I hear you on Decware. I’m a couple of months behind you. I’m using you as opposed to watching the list.

Any initial thoughts on the XP-17?
I really like it. It seams very neutral and open, so this may be a contradiction in calling it neutral, but it sounds “bigger” and more forward than the 20/20. It also seems to have a bit better imaging specificity. Though the XP-17 isn’t as “black” and silent as the 20/20.

Side note, Sutherland is an awesome company! When I was ordering the replacement box Ron asked if I needed a new manual and verified I had the current MADEWELL power supplies. The man’s meticulous with his products and making sure his end users are happy.

Last edited:
C'mon guys I was having a great day talking about wonderful life affirming cables and then you all had to completely out of the blue bring up taxes... harshing my buzz bros
If it helps, I’m sending my JMW-10 Memorial tonearm to Steve at VAS on Monday to get rewired and then having Steve send it Upscale to have them fit a Grado Timbre Reference 3 low output on it.

So cables and gear. Feel better?

If it helps, I’m sending my JMW-10 Memorial tonearm to Steve at VAS on Monday to get rewired and then having Steve send it Upscale to have them fit a Grado Timbre Reference 3 low output on it.

So cables and gear. Feel better?
Yes dammit.

Here I am, at home recovering from near fatal minor sinus surgery.

(Ed. Note: not near fatal)

Ahem... NEAR FATAL sinus surgery... and it's all I can do to get up the strength to clean records and look at cables and type stuff and here I am being ATTACKED for being Canadian or paying taxes or something... I've lost track sorry what was the question?

-looks around-

-pops another morphine pill-

Last edited:
Man and I thought the four months I waited for the NAD was torture.

I really like it. It seams very neutral and open, so this may be a contradiction in calling it neutral, but it sounds “bigger” and more forward than the 20/20. It also seems to have a bit better imaging specificity. Though the XP-17 isn’t as “black” and silent as the 20/20.

Side note, Sutherland is an awesome company! When I was ordering the replacement box Ton asked if I needed a new manual and verified I had the current MADEWELL power supplies. The man’s meticulous with his products and making sure his end users are happy.
The Insight was the first piece of equipment that blew me away… it was such a huge leap from the *Vincent I had been running. It really started this whole crazy upgrade train I’ve been on. Great product.

Last edited:
Back