Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

What condition is it in? That’s a high price obviously but these do seem to just go keep going up in value.
According to the listing, it’s “new” but opened, un-played, and they even wrote that they didn’t take pictures of the vinyl discs because they wanted to leave them as mint as possible? So…if that’s true…it’s close to essentially mint condition

But it’s so pricey!! My fear is I won’t see it any lower ever

Well, you may see it lower and hurriedly purchase it only to have it never arrive to your door because it got trapped in customs hell and probably was stolen away by some a-hole who sold it on Ebay or Craigslist. No, I'm not bitter. Not at all. Why do you ask?

According to the listing, it’s “new” but opened, un-played, and they even wrote that they didn’t take pictures of the vinyl discs because they wanted to leave them as mint as possible? So…if that’s true…it’s close to essentially mint condition

I hear you on that one! That is why I pulled the trigger a few months ago as well. If it were
me I would ask them to play test it to make sure there aren’t any defects before shelling out that much cash. Just because it’s new, or looks mint, doesn’t mean it sounds mint.

They even wrote that they didn’t take pictures of the vinyl discs because they wanted to leave them as mint as possible?
Yeahhhhh, I don't know about that explanation.... I mean this is a set that has whooshing issues on a couple sides. I might be more inclined to buy from someone who will play test it... But I get it, it's tough to find at a good price. For what it's worth I bought from this seller on cogs and it was great, he's got thousands of sales with a 100% rating and he still has copies and he had play tested this copy once. He was awesome to deal with and completely up front about any issues including sending me multiple pics of everything.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1452926551?ev=bp_det

I wouldn’t buy this unplayed or unopened. Whilst a clean copy sounds heavenly there are reports of copies with swooshes on them. It’d be safer to buy a VG+/NM- copy that’s been played and is known to be clean.

I hear you on that one! That is why I pulled the trigger a few months ago as well. If it were
me I would ask them to play test it to make sure there aren’t any defects before shelling out that much cash. Just because it’s new, or looks mint, doesn’t mean it sounds mint.

Yeahhhhh, I don't know about that explanation.... I mean this is a set that has whooshing issues on a couple sides. I might be more inclined to buy from someone who will play test it... But I get it, it's tough to find at a good price. For what it's worth I bought from this seller on cogs and it was great, he's got thousands of sales with a 100% rating and he still has copies and he had play tested this copy once. He was awesome to deal with and completely up front about any issues including sending me multiple pics of everything.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1452926551?ev=bp_det

I wouldn’t buy this unplayed or unopened. Whilst a clean copy sounds heavenly there are reports of copies with swooshes on them. It’d be safer to buy a VG+/NM- copy that’s been played and is known to be clean.
Thanks for this. I was feeling that bit of hesitancy because of this exactly, but I thought maybe I was being too picky. But I guess not! Especially when I'd be spending that much money on something.

The hunt continues.

Back