Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

The seller reached out to me after I bought this. Given its price was more in line with what I wanted to pay/not overpay, I bought it even though there were known issues like the black box having a split. The listing also talked about a "woozing sound" on Side B of Disc 1. I winched a bit given that's Weird Fishes, which is my favorite on the album. They clarified that it's mostly heard when on the more silent parts of Side B. Does anyone have a set that has this sound and is it noticeable. I'm pot committed now so it doesn't matter but I just want to gear myself up for how it might sound. They rightly pointed out that about 10% of the sets have this issue and that a sealed copy might have it and you wouldn't know until later. They open and check the sets they sell so there's full disclosure. They said the other 3 sides are perfect and frankly side C and D are the real meaty parts of the album that I enjoy as a set the most.

Last edited:
The seller reached out to me after I bought this. Given its price was more in line with what I wanted to pay/not overpay, I bought it even there were known issues like the black box have a split. The listing also talked about a woozing sound on Side B of Disc 1. I winched a bit given that's Weird Fishes, which is my favorite on the album. They clarified that it's mostly heard when on the more silent parts of Side B. Does anyone have a set that has this sound and is it noticeable. I'm pot committed now so it doesn't matter but I just want to gear myself up for how it might sound. They rightly pointed out that about 10% of the sets have this issue and that a sealed copy might have it and you wouldn't know until later. They open and check the sets they sell so there's full disclosure. They said the other 3 sides are perfect and frankly side C and D are the real meaty parts of the album that I enjoy as a set the most.
So, I preordered it immediately in 2007 from the band. I imagine it's one of the first to be pressed, not sure how many of these they pressed (swear I read it was upwards of 100k, but could be wrong). My copy came out of MPO, not sure if they all did, but I don't recall it having any known whooshing sounds. What I will say is, my copy isn't without surface noise. It's present throughout, mostly light though. There are also some weird dimples, and slight non-fill as well? Anyways, it is far from a perfect pressing. Good luck with your copy. I wish my copy was as pristine as some folks claim this set can be.

So, I preordered it immediately in 2007 from the band. I imagine it's one of the first to be pressed, not sure how many of these they pressed (swear I read it was upwards of 100k, but could be wrong). My copy came out of MPO, not sure if they all did, but I don't recall it having any known whooshing sounds. What I will say is, my copy isn't without surface noise. It's present throughout, mostly light though. There are also some weird dimples, and slight non-fill as well? Anyways, it is far from a perfect pressing. Good luck with your copy. I wish my copy was as pristine as some folks claim this set can be.
8400 are on Discogs, which makes me think it was a pressing of around 20-25k. But I'm no expert on doing those reverse calculations.

I ordered an unplayed one from the UK back in February and had no issues with the LPs. It's a great set and I wish all of their LPs sounded this good.

I think the seller was being extra cautious because of prior charge backs, returns, or complaints. When I sell something on Discogs, and I've thankfully had no issues so far (knocks on wood), I over-explain the details of the listing. If it's VG to VG+, I explain exactly why down to the mark on a particular side or how much of a warp it has or if there are any issues with cover. If it's NM, I explain why exactly. I think they're doing something similar which is appreciated. They may just be overly cautious and it's not that big of an issue. It's open vinyl. I'm not expecting Music Matters, AP, or MOFI quality.

The seller reached out to me after I bought this. Given its price was more in line with what I wanted to pay/not overpay, I bought it even though there were known issues like the black box having a split. The listing also talked about a "woozing sound" on Side B of Disc 1. I winched a bit given that's Weird Fishes, which is my favorite on the album. They clarified that it's mostly heard when on the more silent parts of Side B. Does anyone have a set that has this sound and is it noticeable. I'm pot committed now so it doesn't matter but I just want to gear myself up for how it might sound. They rightly pointed out that about 10% of the sets have this issue and that a sealed copy might have it and you wouldn't know until later. They open and check the sets they sell so there's full disclosure. They said the other 3 sides are perfect and frankly side C and D are the real meaty parts of the album that I enjoy as a set the most.
I had the whooshing...told the store I bought it from...they refunded completely and didn’t even want me to send it back...now that copy belongs to @AnthonyI👍🏻

8400 are on Discogs, which makes me think it was a pressing of around 20-25k. But I'm no expert on doing those reverse calculations.

I ordered an unplayed one from the UK back in February and had no issues with the LPs. It's a great set and I wish all of their LPs sounded this good.
You're probably right, 100k seems really high. Cant remember where I read that.

Edit:
This article says they sold 100k "disc boxes", which I think refers to the box set.

Last edited:
This was my experience as well. I found the first ATO pressing a more pleasant listening experience and sold the disc box version about 10 years back for a decent price

Still waiting on the In Rainbows box set to arrive from the Netherlands. Ordered it back in mid April. I realize it takes a while for stuff to get from there to the States. It left on April 23rd. I made myself chuckle thinking which would end up arriving in America in a faster time frame, the original mdmost ancestor who came through Amsterdam on a boat in 1737 into Philadelphia to settle in the "New World" or this In Rainbows box set? Both seem to be arriving by boat.

Last edited:
kELnsn.gif

Back