Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

*hypetrainisstartingallaboard*

I remember when AMSP was coming out and everything was starting to fade to white! Everyone was so panicked because no one knew what it meant 😂 twas interesting

oooh…the last time I remember this happening, it led to AMSP.

Hoping it happens soon! I was thinking the tik tok thing was weird, but maybe there’s more to it than I thought

Yeah they set up new companies to handle the accounts and stuff around the special releases of In Rainbows, The King of Limbs and A Moon Shaped Pool. They didn’t for OKNOTOK...

True but AMSP was DawnChorus which didn’t even end up on a Radiohead album and they didn’t set up an LLC for OKNOTOK.

Joe needs new music 😂
I agree, I'd rather LP10 than the reissue at this point. It seems like the attitude at the start of this year though was that we shouldn't expect any new music for some time. I wonder if maybe something changed to get them motivated?

Personally I'll be surprised if this is LP10... I want it to be but a big Kid Amnesiac reissue just seems more likely. Sorry Joe 😞

Random thought - what if they're doing a Live from the Basement type thing for Kid A & Amnesiac?

I agree, I'd rather LP10 than the reissue at this point. It seems like the attitude at the start of this year though was that we shouldn't expect any new music for some time. I wonder if maybe something changed to get them motivated?

Personally I'll be surprised if this is LP10... I want it to be but a big Kid Amnesiac reissue just seems more likely. Sorry Joe 😞

Random thought - what if they're doing a Live from the Basement type thing for Kid A & Amnesiac?

That would be awesome! I would also take vinyl editions of the basement shows. Those are fantastic.

I will be happy with anything released though, be new music or a reissue of something 🔥

Yeah I tend to agree with you. Seems a bit of an about turn from saying they’re doing nothing to now doing a big thing. I’d be glad that they’re getting reissued but I think doing a single special edition rather than two would be a crying shame and wasted opportunity.

But man I’d love new music. Maybe they’ve been doing a Taylor Swift and making it over the internet with each other from home 🤔😂

I think something live, even from studio is probably the least likely given the covid restrictions in Britain this year, unless it was done last summer or around Christmas time.

Last edited:
I was spinning A Moon Shaped Pool this morning and staring at the "© 2016" on the back of the cover and thinking, "Damn it's about time for a new album."

But I would also be equally excited for a Kid Amnesiac release where the tracks are rearranged into the proper sequence.

I hope the new one will be better than the last 2 albums. Radiohead in the 2010s was kind of 😴

Both albums felt kind of open-ended and noncommittal. There were great ideas for tracks but it didn't feel like they took them quite as far in developing them as on previous albums. Burn the Witch was marked exception but the rest of the tracks were pretty languid and lacking in urgency. It was interesting to explore that space, but hoping that they decide to go in a different direction next.

More than that though, I hope they pick better pressing plants for the vinyl releases. It's not a great combo to have these quieter, slower, gentler sounding tracks on vinyl that is constantly crackling.

I was spinning A Moon Shaped Pool this morning and staring at the "© 2016" on the back of the cover and thinking, "Damn it's about time for a new album."

But I would also be equally excited for a Kid Amnesiac release where the tracks are rearranged into the proper sequence.

Both albums felt kind of open-ended and noncommittal. There were great ideas for tracks but it didn't feel like they took them quite as far in developing them as on previous albums. Burn the Witch was marked exception but the rest of the tracks were pretty languid and lacking in urgency. It was interesting to explore that space, but hoping that they decide to go in a different direction next.

More than that though, I hope they pick better pressing plants for the vinyl releases. It's not a great combo to have these quieter, slower, gentler sounding tracks on vinyl that is constantly crackling.

The EU versions and special editions have actually been pressed at Optimal who are quite good usually. I’d hope that they stop shipping the special editions in paper Inners that eat the records to the point that they’re utterly unlistenable.

I remember reading an interview with one of them, maybe Ed, where he said that they’d used up all the songs and ideas from the previous 15 years with A Moon Shaped Pool and that it was the end of an era that started with Kid A. Any albums going forward would need a whole new set of songs writing and so would by default be a fresh start. I’d love to see where they take us next.

Last edited:

“Non-commital” is a good description. I know lots of people really liked AMSP, but to me that and TKOL rank below Pablo Honey in their discography (clearly I prefer guitar-oriented Radiohead). I like and own both albums, but they’re far from essential.

And when you realize that it’s been 14 years since In Rainbows... they could really use a proper, late-career comeback album. Radiohead being Radiohead, they’ll probably take another left turn.

“Non-commital” is a good description. I know lots of people really liked AMSP, but to me that and TKOL rank below Pablo Honey in their discography (clearly I prefer guitar-oriented Radiohead). I like and own both albums, but they’re far from essential.

And when you realize that it’s been 14 years since In Rainbows... they could really use a proper, late-career comeback album. Radiohead being Radiohead, they’ll probably take another left turn.

Im not a huge fan of sides A&B of The King of Limbs but it picks up majorly on sides C&D. I really like A Moon Shaped Pool though, it exists in a sort of atmosphere that floats in a half state between sleep & dreams and being awake and I find that really compelling.

Sometimes I can really feel what TKOL is doing and it works. And I actually really like Bloom as an opener but also just in general. Some of the slower songs are honestly the ones I like less. Lotus Flower is a great single. But still when I really evaluate it, it’s nowhere near as compelling as the albums that came before.

In a similar way, AMSP has never quite reached those heights either - as a whole record. Though I do think it’s better than TKOL. There isn’t really a bad song on it, even the slighter ones like “Glass Eyes” have an emotional pull that works for me. Daydreaming, Decks Dark, and even Desert Island Disk (the D trilogy) is my favorite run on the album as each one of those songs brings something different to the table while still giving me just enough of the Radiohead I love to satisfy. I guess i always end up liking this album more when I truly think about it, but when looking at their entire career, it’s never been top tier for me personally.

Back