Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

Found this about RSD
War Child will also be re-releasing their 1995 Help EP and Come Together single as a 12-inch vinyl, which will include tracks from Radiohead, PJ Harvey and Portishead.

here is more info about it:
Am I crazy or was this already released for RSD? Or was that another War Child album?

Found this about RSD
War Child will also be re-releasing their 1995 Help EP and Come Together single as a 12-inch vinyl, which will include tracks from Radiohead, PJ Harvey and Portishead.

here is more info about it:
The Radiohead track is Lucky, I believe.

Also, the CDs of this EP sell for like $0.65

The Help album reissue came out last September and it’s mega. Don’t buy it just for Radiohead though because they liked the version of Lucky that they did so much that the exact same version was used for OK Computer. The EP only shares Lucky with the LP so the other 3 tracks are different.

Also, War Child are a fantastic charity so I’d definitely encourage anyone wanting to support them!

Last edited:
Sooooo I wanted to be like all of you cool kids and I finally took the plunge on the In Rainbows disk box and it does sound fantastic like everyone reports. However, this copy seems to have a ton of low level crackle, especially noticeable during the quiet parts. Is this pretty common for this release or did I get a dud?

I don’t have the whooshing that many report on Discogs, so that’s good, buuuuuuut.....

Sooooo I wanted to be like all of you cool kids and I finally took the plunge on the In Rainbows disk box and it does sound fantastic like everyone reports. However, this copy seems to have a ton of low level crackle, especially noticeable during the quiet parts. Is this pretty common for this release or did I get a dud?

I don’t have the whooshing that many report on Discogs, so that’s good, buuuuuuut.....

Maybe it needs a cleaning? Don't recall seeing crackle as an issue beforeonly the whooshing and maybe some waps. 🤔

Maybe it needs a cleaning? Don't recall seeing crackle as an issue beforeonly the whooshing and maybe some waps. 🤔
I did give it a wet clean, which didn’t help. Oh and yeah both discs are warped and off centre. Pretty minor but still there. 😑

How did I do? Pretty well? Eh?

Ehhhhhhh?

I feel like you and I are the only ones paying attention to these records, or we are just the unluckiest players in the game.

Ok, yeah, pretty sure it’s the latter. Yeah it’s definitely the latter.
It's the latter combined with the pickiest MM cart on the planet. A truly horrific combination.

I finally pulled the trigger on an EU press of OKNOTOK. I love how it sounds! How did they F-up the US presses so badly? I guess it's time to sell mine. I also have the 2008 Capitol...

I finally pulled the trigger on an EU press of OKNOTOK. I love how it sounds! How did they F-up the US presses so badly? I guess it's time to sell mine. I also have the 2008 Capitol...

There was always more than a suspicion than XL used to use Rainbo for their US presses.

My local still has this My Iron Lung on the wall, looks like they dropped the price on 'cogs, so I could probably work a deal in-store with a cash offer... anyone who must-have this one, let me know. Happy to facilitate purchase, packing & shipping for N&G.

My local still has this My Iron Lung on the wall, looks like they dropped the price on 'cogs, so I could probably work a deal in-store with a cash offer... anyone who must-have this one, let me know. Happy to facilitate purchase, packing & shipping for N&G.

It’s a good one, but be warned...you will want to buy the red one afterwards 😂

Back