Hot Take/ Musical Confession Thread!

I actually had to Google NRM, I've only ever known them as Twelve Tribes. I don't know if they still are but they were very prevalent on the festival scene around here for awhile selling maté and baked goods. They also have a couple cafés throughout the province and one may be a Yellow Deli now but was The Preserved Seed when I first encountered it.
They've got a smoothy shop in Chattanooga too. I spoke to a few of them in Boulder from time to time.

I think you can get a baked potato at Wendy’s…At least you could like 30 years ago, the last time I ate at one.

Edit: yum?

Yea I say unto thee - the home of the Sainted Pigtailed Ginger has long been known to assist mankind in answering the question "What's it gonna take"?
She has bestowed humanity with hallowed sacraments for years.

Hers is not just a linear perception.
She has peered into the Spud Infinity and answered its call.

Her worship of the one true deity has transformed many from mere elbows, helping to free the celestial body of those who accept its answer.
Through the sanctified root her devotion ensures that even those whose eyes are closed to the power of the venerated tater do not have to subsist on the garlic bread crusts of life.

Lo, take heed of her deeds and do as she does!
Gather yourself to the bosom of the Sanctified.

This is the dawning of the age of Knish.
All Hail the Holy Tuber.

Yea I say unto thee - the home of the Sainted Pigtailed Ginger has long been known to assist mankind in answering the question "What's it gonna take"?

Her worship of the one true deity has transformed many from mere elbows, helping to free the celestial body of those who accept its answer.
Through the sanctified root her devotion ensures that even those whose eyes are closed to the power of the venerated tater do not have to subsist on the garlic bread crusts of life.

All Hail the Holy Tuber.
ADA708DF-613E-44D1-AA66-7C921D29C98C.gif

Big Thief is a band I always want to like, and have listened to several of their albums, but I just have trouble getting into her voice, and I can't recall any songs/musical bits that really captured me. That being said, I'll probably still listen to the new one soon.

They will make you dance, even if its just one finger.
Prepare to open yourself up to the peculiar organism.

All Hail the Holy Tuber.

I think if I had to pick 3 songs to convince someone on Big Thief I'd go Real Love, Mary, and Masterpiece in that order. It misses their more folk vibe but shows the range and the fundamentals of the band that presents in pretty much everything else they do.
I'll put those on the list of songs to check out. Maybe I just need an inroad.

“Change” from the new album kills me (in a good way) every time I hear it. The second song makes me turn the album off. I’m going to try all the Big Thief suggestions because I should love this band on paper.
the new one is interesting because i'm pretty sure they recorded it in 4 different locations with 4 different producers. so it makes sense that some people love some songs but not others on the new one. i'm a big fan of the majority of the album though.

my wife absolutely loves Spud Infinity. She lights up every time she hears it and the mouth harp makes her laugh every time haha. It's the best.

“Change” from the new album kills me (in a good way) every time I hear it. The second song makes me turn the album off. I’m going to try all the Big Thief suggestions because I should love this band on paper.

the new one is interesting because i'm pretty sure they recorded it in 4 different locations with 4 different producers. so it makes sense that some people love some songs but not others on the new one. i'm a big fan of the majority of the album though.

my wife absolutely loves Spud Infinity. She lights up every time she hears it and the mouth harp makes her laugh every time haha. It's the best.
You could easily cull it down to about 12~ songs and it would make a really, really good album. There's definitely some lesser songs, but none that are actively bad that make me want to skip it.

You could easily cull it down to about 12~ songs and it would make a really, really good album. There's definitely some lesser songs, but none that are actively bad that make me want to skip it.
I personally really enjoy the diversity of the record. The styles are all over the place but it keeps things lively and even though the songs vary a great deal none feel out of place. That being said I bet you could edit out this out to 2 solid albums one more indie rock and one more country rock based.

All Hail the Holy Tuber.
Once you get settled in Wasco County, you should make a pilgrimage to Ontario, Oregon, the home of Ore-Ida (on the Oregon-Idaho border) and birthplace of the Tater Tot.

Once you get settled in Wasco County, you should make a pilgrimage to Ontario, Oregon, the home of Ore-Ida (on the Oregon-Idaho border) and birthplace of the Tater Tot.
Huzzah and good fortune to you sir!

Thank you for the suggestion. My first pilgrimage will be to the border brothers of the spud so that I might worship the fried tots of enlightenment alongside them.

This is the dawning of the age of the Knish.
All Hail the Holy Tuber!

Last edited:
I personally really enjoy the diversity of the record. The styles are all over the place but it keeps things lively and even though the songs vary a great deal none feel out of place. That being said I bet you could edit out this out to 2 solid albums one more indie rock and one more country rock based.
Just for the record, every band member had at least 2 songs they wanted to see on the album that didn't make the cut. this is the stripped down bangers only version of the album!

Just for the record, every band member had at least 2 songs they wanted to see on the album that didn't make the cut. this is the stripped down bangers only version of the album!
I'm not sure "Bangers" is the right descriptor for anything on the twee folk space potato cult recruitment album that is, and I quote : "Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe In You."

Back