Hot Take/ Musical Confession Thread!

Well I kinda feel this thread is not what this forum is about, people coming together to share music and respect other people's taste in music....I'm fully going to go in and say my two cents

Prog rock is the catalyst that broke open the music industry I like to thank pink Floyd for that , one of the top 5 most influential bands in history.

Post rock is the best genre in the entire music industry

And unless your a punk band if you can't make a song greater than 6 minutes you're not a real band

I’d argue 2.30-3.30 is ideal song length time. Over 4.30 and you are in trouble, over 5.30 and no way Jose! There are exceptions but they tend to prove the rule. Bohemian Rhapsody isn’t one of them, it’s terrible in every way possible.

I’d argue 2.30-3.30 is ideal song length time. Over 4.30 and you are in trouble, over 5.30 and no way Jose! There are exceptions but they tend to prove the rule. Bohemian Rhapsody isn’t one of them, it’s terrible in every way possible.

I don't even have my popcorn ready by the time those songs finish!

At the old place I had an argument with someone about Animal Collective and their main argument against them was their songs are too long. It was that moment I lost respect for all of their musical opinions, not because they disliked the band I love, but because that is the worst reasoning I've ever heard for disliking a band. Long songs rule.

At the old place I had an argument with someone about Animal Collective and their main argument against them was their songs are too long. It was that moment I lost respect for all of their musical opinions, not because they disliked the band I love, but because that is the worst reasoning I've ever heard for disliking a band. Long songs rule.

It’s not a reason On it’s own but it takes a special talent to pull off the long song and there aren’t as many of those out there as people seem to think...

I’m a fan of prof rock and long songs. Love them just as much as I love punk rock and sub-2 minute burners. They’re different types of music for different moods.

I cant get into Animal Collective.

I’m a fan of prof rock and long songs. Love them just as much as I love punk rock and sub-2 minute burners. They’re different types of music for different moods.

I cant get into Animal Collective.
Short Songs for Short People was one of my favorite comps growing up, I love short songs as much as long songs. It was mostly using song length as your main reason for disliking music is what lost my respect.

It doesnt shock me in the slightest that you're not an AnCo fan

Go over that and you’ve lost my attention because you are boring. The ability to be concise is an underrated genius in all fields. A full album for long listens is the way to go 😀
A song is like a story, it should take you on a journey that you never want to come back from, songs like the Tale of Genji is heaven in my ears.

Song length doesn’t matter at all IMO. What matters is what the song is doing. Does it need to be longer because the way the artist is writing demands it to be?

This song is too long and feels like it needs to be shorter, it’s a slog. Here the argument of anything over 4/5 minutes makes sense.

This song is long and it needs to be for the whole story the artist/band is trying to convey to come to fruition. I wouldn’t want it any shorter.

Song length is irrelevant without context.

Back