Hot Take/ Musical Confession Thread!

Prog is public school srseholes making boring music to show off their musicianship rather than writing songs for people to enjoy.

Grunge is universally terrible (I like Pumpkins and Nirvana but people tell me they’re not grunge so yeah all the rest is trash).

Brian Eno has destroyed the music of every artist he’s worked with after Bowie...

Id say Brain Eno made U2 listenable and made a great Album with James.

Well I kinda feel this thread is not what this forum is about, people coming together to share music and respect other people's taste in music....I'm fully going to go in and say my two cents

Prog rock is the catalyst that broke open the music industry I like to thank pink Floyd for that , one of the top 5 most influential bands in history.

Post rock is the best genre in the entire music industry

And unless your a punk band if you can't make a song greater than 6 minutes you're not a real band

Yoko Ono does not deserve any of the ire and derision that has been directed her way over the decades, and a lot of the hatred for her as a person was fueled by sexism and racism.

FIFY

This isn’t a hot take. It’s the truth.

Can we at least agree that she sounds like a tortured parrot?

Here’s another one:

Skits in rap music make it almost unlistenable on vinyl.
I can see your point. The majority of skits are kinda annoying. But when they’re done right such as on the College Dropout, or even MadGibbs’s Bandana. they can make the experience more memorable and fun.

as per @goodoohuru request...it's always bittersweet to move this from the 'new music friday' fred...

Appleseed Cast's The Fleeting Light of Impermanence is EXCELLENT

Thom Yorke I like quite a bit

New Black Keys is fairly lacklustre; arguably a better record than the Raconteurs, but only just

Hot Chip is classic Hot Chip; a couple of great tunes and a bunch of wishy-wash filler

Back