Hot Take/ Musical Confession Thread!

Even going back to the pioneers like Green Day.
tenor.gif

Song length doesn’t matter at all IMO. What matters is what the song is doing. Does it need to be longer because the way the artist is writing demands it to be?

This song is too long and feels like it needs to be shorter, it’s a slog. Here the argument of anything over 4/5 minutes makes sense.

This song is long and it needs to be for the whole story the artist/band is trying to convey to come to fruition. I wouldn’t want it any shorter.

Song length is irrelevant without context.

Not necessarily because it takes a lot of talent to make a long song. So many artists not capable of it just succeed in boring the pants of people *cough* Muse *cough*

All punk sounds the same. Even going back to the pioneers like Green Day.
But like going from the Ramones to The Clash to The Hives you can maybe pick a song or 2 from their discography that sound kinda alike but they vary differently.

And as Pioneers of punk I don't see Green Day as a leading contender. Bands like Fear, Black Flag and The Descendants would be a more suitable candidate. As far as radio friendly punk yeah Green Day takes the cake.

Oh and for another hot take. I don't get the deal with Cake? Seems like its just an even more boring version of The Modern Lovers and because of Cake we got that Hobo Johnson fellow. At least Hobo has enthusiasm.

All punk sounds the same. Even going back to the pioneers like Green Day.

Grateful Dead are terrible. They're just an excuse for stoners to poke smot and hackey sack. Phish are just GD 2.0.

If you describe your taste in music as 'indie', I know I won't like you.

Mondo is terrible.

Green Day punk pioneers LMFAO

This is the hottest take of the day 😂😂😂

Not necessarily because it takes a lot of talent to make a long song. So many artists not capable of it just succeed in boring the pants of people *cough* Muse *cough*
I mean if you want to stick to the genre of Rock, then sure you can make cases for song length. But Muse can be boring as hell regardless of song length (even though I love their first 4 albums). When you have so many other genre's like jazz or ambient or classical or hip-hop where the length of a song just has zero relevance at all.
Oh and for another hot take. I don't get the deal with Cake? Seems like its just an even more boring version of The Modern Lovers and because of Cake we got that Hobo Johnson fellow. At least Hobo has enthusiasm.
Cake sound nothing like the Modern Lovers, what the hell?

Hip hop was not good prior to the release of BDP Criminal Minded

I'd argue there might be a few albums prior (Schoolly's debut) but otherwise, I don't think that's that hot a take is it?

Deep Purple > Sabbath w/ Ozzy > Blue Cheer

When it comes to who did what for Heavy Metal as a whole.

Also Dio sucks. 🤘🏻

Randy Holden > *.metal

Pioneers of punk still LMFAO

You’re still at least a decade too late 😂😂😂

Maybe try the Stooges

Ok.. proto-punk, not like the 'real' pioneers like Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance.

Prince discography stopped being amazing with Love Sexy. Nothing after that is relevant or memorable.

Heavy Metal is the worst music genre and the 80s are a black hole in rock history because of it.

I'm thinking of songs like I'm Straight and Cleopatra. I think it has to do with the overall delivery of the vocal then anything else.

But I haven't delved into many of their songs so I'm also alright being wrong
that's fair, I can see that. musically nothing alike.

Pioneers of punk still LMFAO

You’re still at least a decade too late 😂😂😂

Maybe try the Stooges
Stooges are still pre-punk imo. Same as MC5 and Velvet Underground.

Pioneers of punk are The Ramones, The Buzzcocks, The Clash, The Slits, The Dead Boys, The Damned, The Jam, Siouxsie and the Banshees and X-Ray Spex.

Back