Hot Take/ Musical Confession Thread!

I know I’m going to get some reacts…… I’m not that big a fan of Smashing Pumpkins or The Violent Femmes… blister in the sun was ruined for me and I just… I just can’t get into that deeply that many SP albums.. yes I’ve tried multiple times.
How old are you? I feel like SP is very much a generational thing. Violent Femmes are meh as hell, though.

I know I’m going to get some reacts…… I’m not that big a fan of Smashing Pumpkins or The Violent Femmes… blister in the sun was ruined for me and I just… I just can’t get into that deeply that many SP albums.. yes I’ve tried multiple times.
That’s fair. I really only love the Pumpkins first 2 albums. In that order. Mellon Collie is good but it’s not their best and it’s bloated.
Anything after Adore is a mystery to me.

How old are you? I feel like SP is very much a generational thing. Violent Femmes are meh as hell, though.
I was born in 1991

That’s fair. I really only love the Pumpkins first 2 albums. In that order. Mellon Collie is good but it’s not their best and it’s bloated.
I tried Mellon and yeah...

This seems like the best forum for this thought:

Let it Be is about to become every 20somethings favorite Beatles Album.
Also early 70s fashion is going to reenter the zeitgeist/conversation. (St. Vincent is kind of ahead of the curve here.)

Im not even a 'fan' of the Beatles but want to watch this after seeing the trailer. Seems like a great documentary.

Also early 70s fashion is going to reenter the zeitgeist/conversation. (St. Vincent is kind of ahead of the curve here.)

Even though Todd Haynes upcoming Velvet Underground doc will be less trendy, everyone who watches it will go on to form their own band so…

The best song by the Violent Femmes is Kiss Off and I will scream/sing to that one every time, but otherwise, I got burned out on VF when my HS BF wouldn't stop playing this one and Jimmy Buffett's Greatest Hits.

This is exactly how I feel about SP. First 2 albums were stellar, then Billie got eaten by his personality and things just got weird.

I'm already dusting off my bell bottoms.

4am hot take from a high school jazz snob. I could only appreciate Taylor Swift’s Red having acquired 40 years of life experience. (This may not age well).
i wonder how many hard / be bop legends would like any of taylor's albums... but i dig your take

Both Olivia Rodrigo and Chloe Moriondo both put out albums that were very derivative of Paramour this year. My hot take is that Chloe put out the better album.
Feels like even all largely popular indie music right now (Phoebe, Snail Mail, Soccer Mommy) is massively influenced by emo and no one seems to acknowledge it.

Back