Hot Take/ Musical Confession Thread!

Ive got a Hot Take today

Moses Sumneys Album Grae is nigh on unlistenable !
I should not have followed hype and my liking of Aromantacism and bought Blind.

It almost repels me. Its a nice package tho - haha

Ive got a Hot Take today

Moses Sumneys Album Grae is nigh on unlistenable !
I should not have followed hype and my liking of Aromantacism and bought Blind.

It almost repels me. Its a nice package tho - haha
Strong agree. I'll pile on that Yves Tumor's Heaven gets more and more unlistenable every spin.

Screw year-end lists.
Though I do enjoy seeing the lists of individuals, I have to say I really don't understand and have no use for year-end lists made by a publication or a company. At least if it's one person's list, you can try to use it to get a good idea of their tastes and maybe find stuff you missed during the year, but I really don't care to see a list that is essentially just random suggestions from the employees jumbled together with no rhyme or reason. I would argue even our forum megalists have more value than that, since they're at least an aggregate of sorts.

People said the Justin Beiber album from earlier this year was good and against my better judgment, I listened to the first couple songs and I am sorry, he is just awful. An absolute vacuum of personality. It occurs to me some people feel bad for ripping into him when he was just a kid and have overcorrected to trying to pretend he's some great R&B star now, but if you ask me, he's only gotten worse with age.

While on the topic of TS.

I'm dumbfounded by her popularity; absolutely nothing about her music sticks out to me as being anything other than the radio-produced pop we've heard for 20 years. She's not some incredible singer, her songs aren't really that catchy, I just don't fucking get it. People hail her music as some iconic pop, but I doubt I could pick out her music in a blind listening test.

Last edited:
While on the topic of TS.

I'm absolutely dumbfounded by her popularity; absolutely nothing about her music sticks out to me as being anything other than the radio-produced pop we've heard for 20 years. She's not some incredible singer, her songs aren't really that catchy, I just don't fucking get it. People hail her music as some iconic pop, but I doubt I could pick out her music in a blind listening test.
Do you like Father John Misty? I'm conducting a survey

Do you like Father John Misty? I'm conducting a survey
Haven't listened to him since I Love You Honeybear, but I remember thinking he was a talented songwriter who was stifled by his weird ass songs. Like just write a normal song dude without inevitable line or two about fucking on the floor.

Why do I get the feeling most of the men who praise Father John Misty as one of the greatest songwriters of his generation would scoff and roll their eyes if the same argument was made for Taylor Swift?
Because you don't give most of the men who praise Father John Misty as one of the greatest songwriters oh his generation enough credit?

Back