Home Improvement Thread 2: Electric Redo the Loo

I feel like there's a story here... Also the random capitalization of Gardner makes me wonder...

I guess I didn’t paint the picture as well as I could have.

He walks to his old beat up Toyota pick up with grass stained garden tools propped up on steel pipes. Tips his straw hat and as he smiles a flash of gold told my wife that she would never see this man again. He seemed honest enough when he told her his two sons were taking over his business soon. But sometimes hope leads us down paths that we normally would ignore.

I guess I didn’t paint the picture as well as I could have.

He walks to his old beat up Toyota pick up with grass stained garden tools propped up on steel pipes. Tips his straw hat and as he smiles a flash of gold told my wife that she would never see this man again. He seemed honest enough when he told her his two sons were taking over his business soon. But sometimes hope leads us down paths that we normally would ignore.
So you paid for his services and he just ghosted with your money?

It helps to have contractors in the family. What was quoted as a $3500 paint job turned into a $1900 paint job wile doing twice the work. The only problem is that the contractor eats your fruit and drinks your beer before the ride home.

So you paid for his services and he just ghosted with your money?

Not really. He came one day, but my wife organized it so he would come monthly. She hasn't hear from him since then. Honestly , I did want him to come because I'm in the process of redoing everything to low maintenance California native plants. Most mow and blow gardeners would ruin that. I go to my first gardening class this weekend and then I will enroll in a three day garden design class at the end of the month. Fall is planting time in Southern California. I recently solarized a portion of the front lawn in prep for an expanded bed. Expect pictures in the fall.

I installed a wired-in Nest Hello today. Surprisingly straight forward, and no hiccups at all (so far). The Nest provided video was all I needed. Good thing too, because I was quoted $125 for an install.

Let’s say I want to make a relay switched A/B box for comparing two different amps into the same loads.
Something like this immediately springs to mind.
But there is a catch. Both amps have those section A and section B with a switch that will drive both sections at once.
The amps are not just wiring the two sections in parallel or else there‘d be impedance issues very quickly. So, how is that accomplished in terms of adding an additional pair of speaker outs to the linked schematic without having them end up being in parallel?

Let’s say I want to make a relay switched A/B box for comparing two different amps into the same loads.
Something like this immediately springs to mind.
But there is a catch. Both amps have those section A and section B with a switch that will drive both sections at once.
The amps are not just wiring the two sections in parallel or else there‘d be impedance issues very quickly. So, how is that accomplished in terms of adding an additional pair of speaker outs to the linked schematic without having them end up being in parallel?
May get better feedback over in the Audio Hardware section or in here: Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

My dad wanted me to come over because his tv wasn’t working. That’s cause it was broken. He went from a 42” to 55”, which meant his stand was no longer adequate. So we hung it. Hanging a tv is surprisingly easy.

My dad wanted me to come over because his tv wasn’t working. That’s cause it was broken. He went from a 42” to 55”, which meant his stand was no longer adequate. So we hung it. Hanging a tv is surprisingly easy.

Yeah it’s one of those things that you think is going to be complicated but is really easy so long as you have 2 sets of hands!

Yeah it’s one of those things that you think is going to be complicated but is really easy so long as you have 2 sets of hands!
I almost didn't need the second pair of hands. In fact of i'd thought to put the extension socket on my drill I wouldn't have. Using a rachet though to put the mount on the wall definitely required another set of hands.

I almost didn't need the second pair of hands. In fact of i'd thought to put the extension socket on my drill I wouldn't have. Using a rachet though to put the mount on the wall definitely required another set of hands.

To be honest the bracket itself probably doesn’t, it’s more that I’m not very tall and so my armspan doesn’t allow me to comfortably lift a 55” tv into place haha! I only needed the second pair of hands for that very last step!

Discovered that one of our bushes is covered with hundreds and hundreds of bagworms. Since it was going to storm yesterday evening I didn't want to treat it with a pesticide, so I picked them off for over an hour and barely made a dent. This morning I gave the whole bush a bath in the stuff, and it was so nice seeing dead worms out of their little cocoons when I checked a few minutes ago. Will need a few treatments, but I think I'll be able to get it under control. Hopefully the bush isn't already dead..

Discovered that one of our bushes is covered with hundreds and hundreds of bagworms. Since it was going to storm yesterday evening I didn't want to treat it with a pesticide, so I picked them off for over an hour and barely made a dent. This morning I gave the whole bush a bath in the stuff, and it was so nice seeing dead worms out of their little cocoons when I checked a few minutes ago. Will need a few treatments, but I think I'll be able to get it under control. Hopefully the bush isn't already dead..
Just be glad it wasn’t infested with Zombie Snails

After all the work that was done on my house this summer. There are three dead outlets on a newly panted wall. WFT. Is an electrician going to have to cut into it.

Back