Home Improvement Thread 2: Electric Redo the Loo

Dropped like two grand on exterior lights for the house. I could probably install them myself since I'm just replacing existing lights but I'm scared of electrical so I might not...
Just dont touch any two wires at the same time. That's all there is to it if you're trying to wire them hot. Otherwise just flip the switch to off and you should be good.

Just dont touch any two wires at the same time. That's all there is to it if you're trying to wire them hot. Otherwise just flip the switch to off and you should be good.
Still scared as these are exterior lights so if there's any gaps in the j box and they get wet... fire.

Dropped like two grand on exterior lights for the house. I could probably install them myself since I'm just replacing existing lights but I'm scared of electrical so I might not...
Having trouble picturing what 2 grand of exterior lights looks like. Are these automatic lights for your front porch, automatic side lights, lights for the patio, early Christmas decorating or...?

Having trouble picturing what 2 grand of exterior lights looks like. Are these automatic lights for your front porch, automatic side lights, lights for the patio, early Christmas decorating or...?
So basically the previous owner of my house was a paranoid psycho as a result he had 8 different sets of security lights all around the house, I am replacing all of those with sconces so that our house doesn't look like prison yard any longer, then I am replacing the three lights on the back garage and the two lights on the back deck. Voila 2000 in lights...

Replacing lights is doable. I mean I do it so you gotta be ok!

Is this the place to ask if the oven isn’t heating evenly , where to start?

If not I can submit a pic is a bead board wall I made and was v impressed with myself but really it was the nail gun on loaner that did the work.

So I needed something quick and dirty that would turn my exterior lights on my back garage on so I don't have to go out to the garage to fire them up when I'm letting the dog out. WiFi doesn't really reach all that well back there so I find this stupid thing that literally goes OVER your light switch and is controlled by Bluetooth and it actually kinda sorta works. And it was $19 bucks so yay!
SCREW YOU WINTER I WIN THIS ROUND

Until the batteries run out then I'm pooched.
Screenshot_20190519-174120_Gallery.jpg

So I needed something quick and dirty that would turn my exterior lights on my back garage on so I don't have to go out to the garage to fire them up when I'm letting the dog out. WiFi doesn't really reach all that well back there so I find this stupid thing that literally goes OVER your light switch and is controlled by Bluetooth and it actually kinda sorta works. And it was $19 bucks so yay!
SCREW YOU WINTER I WIN THIS ROUND

Until the batteries run out then I'm pooched.
View attachment 1212
Step 1: Attach flashlight to dog.
Step 2: ???????
Step 3: Profit.

I actually wish these worked for some of the hardwired light I have in my house. Would make life a lot easier from floor to floor.

Carpenter bees are assholes. Walked out to enjoy an evening on the screened in porch only to hear what sounded like someone crunching on corn flakes. Instead it was 5+ carpenter bees working fastidiously at burrowing their way through a trim board.

I had the last laugh today when I patched their holes and repainted the board. Let's see you burrow your way through 3 coats of spray paint. Assholes.

Last edited:
So having this leak in the drain pipe has really turned into a nightmare. Why does it take like 4 subcontractors. Possibly 5 or even 6 if I wasn't going to learn how to do drywall from my father in law and paint the room ourselves.

It has really disorganized everything. Haven't had access to bathrooms and showers, hand washing dishes, kids toys all over the place, no TV for him to watch. Loud ass equipment running at all hour of the night. I just want my house back for my summer break.

Back