Hip Hop

man i think i bit more than i can chew making this playlist because these motherfuckers put out so much god damn content!!!! lmao.

I think Flee is planning to drop a project every month of this year lol

I think alot of them drop short projects consistently all year.

Question for all of you. I'm trying to get my friend into this new underground hip-hop wrold we're in. He has been out of the loop since like 2010 so he missed everything griselda and the like. So if you had to pick just a few songs from the Griselda crew, mach hommy, fahim, flee lord, 38 spesh and all of those dudes, what would you pick as the best of the best?
this is kind of the same boat that I was in personally...I mean I never stopped listening to (underground) hip-hop but it really tailed off for me around the same time as your friend when in the late 90s to like 2010 or 2015 it was just about the only music I listened to. I'm not sure what your friend was listening to before falling out of the loop, but I think for me the one album that really made it all click and got me back to listening to and exploring much more hip-hop outside of likes of RTJ, Bronson, Freddie Gibbs+Madlib, Danny Brown, etc... was Benny's Tana Talk 3. while I flirted with Griselda stuff before that a tiny bit that was the album that made it all click for me, so in my opinion I would definitely recommend that as a reentry point for your friend maybe above anything else. if he likes that hit him with Supreme Blientele, and WWCD, and some Roc Marciano, and Boldy James, etc...

Last edited:
this is kind of the same boat that I was in personally...I mean I never stopped listening to (underground) hip-hop but it really tailed off for me around the same time as your friend when in the late 90s to like 2010 or 2015 it was just about the only music I listened to. I'm not sure what your friend was listening to before falling out of the loop, but I think for me the one album that really made it all click and got me back to listening to and exploring much more hip-hop outside of likes of RTJ, Bronson, Freddie Gibbs+Madlib, Danny Brown, etc... was Benny's Tana Talk 3. while I flirted with Griselda stuff before that a tiny bit that was the album that made it all click for me, so in my opinion I would definitely recommend that as a reentry point for your friend maybe above anything else. if he likes that hit him with Supreme Blientele, and WWCD, and some Roc Marciano, and Boldy James, etc...

He already loves Action, Danny Brown, RTJ, Madgibbs and all of that stuff. he's also a super old head too so any old school shit he loves. He's older than me, in his mid 30s so he grew up with a lot of it too. I'm building him a playlist with all this new shit right now.

Am I wrong to say this? But.. it seems to me Underground Hip-Hop is currently basically over run by two scenes. The Griselda/Flee Lord/MachHommy/Camino/Fahim/38 Spesh/etc.. scene and then the MIKE/Lojii/Mavi/Maxo/Pink Siifu/etc.. scene? HOw many times have both scenes connected?

Am I wrong to say this? But.. it seems to me Underground Hip-Hop is currently basically over run by two scenes. The Griselda/Flee Lord/MachHommy/Camino/Fahim/38 Spesh/etc.. scene and then the JPEG Mafia/Injury Reserve/Clipping/AFK/etc.. scene? HOw many times have both scenes connected?

Hmm maybe

man i think i bit more than i can chew making this playlist because these motherfuckers put out so much god damn content!!!! lmao.
yeah, it's definitely overwhelming if you're just taking about Griselda, like I said I really came in at around TT3 and it felt daunting then trying to get through it all, so it's even harder now with even more content to pick from. probably better to not completely over do it for your friend's sake and your own sake as well. probably better to keep it concise and pick a couple of the super bangers from each artist you're looking to introduce to him and then let him figure out himself where to go from there or if he gives you feedback on which tracks were his favorite then steer him on which albums to start tackling first from those artists.

Am I wrong to say this? But.. it seems to me Underground Hip-Hop is currently basically over run by two scenes. The Griselda/Flee Lord/MachHommy/Camino/Fahim/38 Spesh/etc.. scene and then the MIKE/Lojii/Mavi/Maxo/Pink Siifu/etc.. scene? HOw many times have both scenes connected?
Probably more of a question on top of your question, but how is underground even defined these days? It can’t be artists without a label or even major label, since Chance and Frank kinda blew that outta the water. Is it just a vibe now?

yeah, it's definitely overwhelming if you're just taking about Griselda, like I said I really came in at around TT3 and it felt daunting then trying to get through it all, so it's even harder now with even more content to pick from. probably better to not completely over do it for your friend's sake and your own sake as well. probably better to keep it concise and pick a couple of the super bangers from each artist you're looking to introduce to him and then let him figure out himself where to go from there or if he gives you feedback on which tracks were his favorite then steer him on which albums to start tackling first from those artists.

my playlist is already like 5 hours lmao!! im gonna have to go thru it and trim some of the fat off.

Probably more of a question on top of your question, but how is underground even defined these days? It can’t be artists without a label or even major label, since Chance and Frank kinda blew that outta the water. Is it just a vibe now?

I personally would include signed artists. At least in my eyes the underground has always been more about not blending into the mainstream popular sound of hip-hop. But you're right, everyone would have their own view as to what is underground and what is not. Maybe not including major label but even someone like Griselda with Shady behind them isn't something you're gonna hear on the radio getting daily plays and all.

man, I barely even started touching on listening to the non-Griselda scene you referenced. I've seen those names before but outside of Lojii I don't think I've listened to any of them.

I'm guessing Droog would fall under the first group, but which/where does someone like Wiki fall under?

Those get the most talk in here but there are a few other big undeground scenes. There is the emo/screamrappers Scarlxrd/$uicideBoy$/Pouya/Bones/ITSOKTOCRY who all do huge streaming numbers. Also the young fun rappers like tobi lou/ Duckwrth/IDK/Guapdad 4000 have large followings. Not to mention the entire Detroit scene with Sada Baby leading the way, and the currently incarcerated west coast rappers still killing it like 03 Greedo and Drakeo the Ruler.

Those get the most talk in here but there are a few other big undeground scenes. There is the emo/screamrappers Scarlxrd/$uicideBoy$/Pouya/Bones/ITSOKTOCRY who all do huge streaming numbers. Also the young fun rappers like tobi lou/ Duckwrth/IDK/Guapdad 4000 have large followings. Not to mention the entire Detroit scene with Sada Baby leading the way, and the currently incarcerated west coast rappers still killing it like 03 Greedo and Drakeo the Ruler.

I dont give a fk if yall hate but I love me Suicide Boys/Bones (Teamsesh) and City Morgue

Back