Hip Hop

How you like his project with Muggs? I'm making the playlist on Apple Music and of course thats all I have to work with when it comes to Mach solo work lmao

Ahh I see. Tuez Les Tous over Kill Em All but they both have their moments. Idk if Kill Em All is even on Apple Music

I gotta be honest, I have a lot of these underground hip hop albums and I feel like a lot I bought out of FOMO. None are bad, but few are GREAT. There are only some that stick out above the rest: Tana Talk 3, Tuez Les Tous, Pray for Paris, Aguardiente, FLYGOD and Griselda Ghost (which I don't own RIP), GOAT... and that's kinda it. The rest all blend together to me.

There need to be more inventive styles that are memorable like Milo's stuff, Action Bronson's early stuff, Saba's stuff, and even MIKE's stuff to a point.

Maybe a hot take, IDK. If rappers keep releasing these $50+ EPs, they can't just be mid releases that make me feel like I need to complete a collection.

Also, Lil Ugly Mane >> Every rapper in the underground scene today

I honestly gave them a try but just couldn't get into it. I know they're great but I just couldn't vibe to it.
Fair. I would also mention Quelle Chris, especially his last two albums. Neither of them really fit a big scene like those others, except they have overlap with the broad scene including Siifu you listed. AKAI SOLO in that scene too I think is one to watch, although I haven't felt a whole album of his blow me away.

Billy Woods and Ka are both really in their own seperate space, nobody else really sounds like either of them respectively, or R.A.P. for that matter. All 3 are top level.

Would you say KA and specially Roc Marci are technically almost like the originators of this current underground wave?

Fair. I would also mention Quelle Chris, especially his last two albums. Neither of them really fit a big scene like those others, except they have overlap with the broad scene including Siifu you listed. AKAI SOLO in that scene too I think is one to watch, although I haven't felt a whole album of his blow me away.

Def fuck with Quelle. I will say though, I did remember enjoying Hiding Places from Billy Woods. Just dont think I ended up listening to it for too long.

Would you say KA and specially Roc Marci are technically almost like the originators of this current underground wave?
I think they, and especially Marci since he is bigger, popularized that "no drums" sound at least, didn't they?

Yeah to the best of my knowledge Ka has been doing this style as long as anyone. I was a little late to this genre though. Only been listening for a couple years. And I just havent been able to get into Roc for some reason.

Yeah to the best of my knowledge Ka has been doing this style as long as anyone. I was a little late to this genre though. Only been listening for a couple years. And I just havent been able to get into Roc for some reason.
I recognize that a lot of these guys like KA, Billy Woods, Quelle Chris, etc.. are great but there's something about their music that doesn't fully connect with me that makes me want to keep coming back for more...Roc Marci on the other hand has managed to captivate me, which surprised even me because it's kind of not my normal go to sound. I don't love everything from him but his best stuff is just so good that I hold him in a very high regard. at his best he might be my favorite currently doing it, which is also how I feel about Freddie Gibbs.

I recognize that a lot of these guys like KA, Billy Woods, Quelle Chris, etc.. are great but there's something about their music that doesn't fully connect with me that makes me want to keep coming back for more...Roc Marci on the other hand has managed to captivate me, which surprised even me because it's kind of not my normal go to sound. I don't love everything from him but his best stuff is just so good that I hold him in a very high regard. at his best he might be my favorite currently doing it, which is also how I feel about Freddie Gibbs.
I am going to need to go back and listen again, it's been a while and my ear has come around to this sound a loy more recently. Is RR2 the best place to start?

I am going to need to go back and listen again, it's been a while and my ear has come around to this sound a loy more recently. Is RR2 the best place to start?
my favorite albums from him are probably Reloaded, Behold A Dark Horse, and Marcielago, but that's only because I gave them the most spins. as much as I love Marci I only really started listening to him after the release of his most recent album so I still am not totally familiarized with his catalog. here's a track from each of these 3 to give you an idea

Reloaded

Behold A Dark Horse

Marcielago

If you;ve never listened to LE$ from Houston that shit is the absolute best to cruise and chill too. He's got many many projects that do kinda blend together but only one LP is available so you don't have to sweat that aspect... Original Playa,, E36, and Midnight Club are my favorites.

BIG Krit was my go-to underground recommendation for like 8 years but 4Eva is a Mighty Long Time broke that bubble and his last project was probably the worst in his catalog sadly.

If you;ve never listened to LE$ from Houston that shit is the absolute best to cruise and chill too. He's got many many projects that do kinda blend together but only one LP is available so you don't have to sweat that aspect... Original Playa,, E36, and Midnight Club are my favorites.

BIG Krit was my go-to underground recommendation for like 8 years but 4Eva is a Mighty Long Time broke that bubble and his last project was probably the worst in his catalog sadly.

KRIT is my current #1, that last album was so disappointing. It had some good joints on there but overall not what I wanted.

my favorite albums from him are probably Reloaded, Behold A Dark Horse, and Marcielago, but that's only because I gave them the most spins. as much as I love Marci I only really started listening to him after the release of his most recent album so I still am not totally familiarized with his catalog. here's a track from each of these 3 to give you an idea

Reloaded

Behold A Dark Horse

Marcielago

I like the first one for sure, other 2 are ok so I'll try Revenge again.

Btw anyone who likes the minimal drum production style, do not sleep on the new Ransom! The loops are pure flames all the way through! And Ransom kills them with quotable bar after bar and fire features. One of my favorite projects right now.

I like the first one for sure, other 2 are ok so I'll try Revenge again.

Btw anyone who likes the minimal drum production style, do not sleep on the new Ransom! The loops are pure flames all the way through! And Ransom kills them with quotable bar after bar and fire features. One of my favorite projects right now.
the first one is from Reloaded not Rosebudd's Revenge. Reloaded is really good, if you check it out and like it also check Marcberg, it's the album that came out before it and is closer in sound.

Back