Hip Hop

Well that's why I said I don't understand, I certainly don't claim for it to be a popular opinion. I have heard the same from some hip hop heads though, so I don't think I'm the only one who thinks that.

If you like it that's great! Certainly not trying to say my opinion is "right" or shit on anyone elses.
i was stating my opinion that It Was Written is better than Illmatic was unpopular.respect to you i didn't feel like you were saying you were right or you were shitting on anyone elses opinion.

unpopular opinion but It Was Written is better than Illmatic in my opinion.also i would say It's safe to say the Hip Hop community would agree Nas has more than a couple of classic albums.
Do you have a personal ranking of his work? I feel like I’m more familiar with a handful of tracks outside of Illmatic. Growing up I felt his style was too raw for me. One Mic comes to mind and was super popular but I couldn’t figure out why. I grew up with Stillmatic and God’s Son (which I owned the CD), but could never break out from interested to a really engaged fan.

Now that I’ve had time to refine my tastes, I find myself coming back to him more and more. But not enough to where I could claim any albums as classics (again outside of Illmatic).

Do you have a personal ranking of his work? I feel like I’m more familiar with a handful of tracks outside of Illmatic. Growing up I felt his style was too raw for me. One Mic comes to mind and was super popular but I couldn’t figure out why. I grew up with Stillmatic and God’s Son (which I owned the CD), but could never break out from interested to a really engaged fan.

Now that I’ve had time to refine my tastes, I find myself coming back to him more and more. But not enough to where I could claim any albums as classics (again outside of Illmatic).
i wouldn't say i have a definitive ranking of his discography but more albums i really enjoy and a couple i don't really care much for.but i'll give it a shot at a loose ranking of his albums keeping in mind i haven't heard the new album.It Was Written>Illmatic>Stillmatic>God's Son>Untitled>Hip Hop Is Dead>Life Is Good>I AM...>Street's Disciple>Nastradamus>Nasir.

i wouldn't say i have a definitive ranking of his discography but more albums i really enjoy and a couple i don't really care much for.but i'll give it a shot at a loose ranking of his albums keeping in mind i haven't heard the new album.It Was Written>Illmatic>Stillmatic>God's Son>Untitled>Hip Hop Is Dead>Life Is Good>I AM...>Street's Disciple>Nastradamus>Nasir.

Tried doing this without the newest one as well and think this would be mine. That middle section is hard to differentiate lol

Illmatic > It Was Written > Stillmatic > The Lost Tapes > God's Son > Life Is Good > I Am... > Hip Hop Is Dead > Distant Relatives > Lost Tapes 2 > Streets Disciple > Nastradamus > Nasir

Question for all of you. I'm trying to get my friend into this new underground hip-hop wrold we're in. He has been out of the loop since like 2010 so he missed everything griselda and the like. So if you had to pick just a few songs from the Griselda crew, mach hommy, fahim, flee lord, 38 spesh and all of those dudes, what would you pick as the best of the best?

Question for all of you. I'm trying to get my friend into this new underground hip-hop wrold we're in. He has been out of the loop since like 2010 so he missed everything griselda and the like. So if you had to pick just a few songs from the Griselda crew, mach hommy, fahim, flee lord, 38 spesh and all of those dudes, what would you pick as the best of the best?

You trying to start a war? :ROFLMAO:

Id just go make a youtube playlist of all there music videos and if he digs em he digs em if not then u know he is a lunatic and u shouldnt be friends with em anyway :ROFLMAO:

i'm not the most versed when i comes to Griselda crew but to get somebody into them the two albums i would choose are TT3 & WWCD those seem like the most accessible albums to me.

Last edited:

just let him listen to Plugs I met and you guys can start flipping ki's together

You trying to start a war? :ROFLMAO:

Id just go make a youtube playlist of all there music videos and if he digs em he digs em if not then u know he is a lunatic and u shouldnt be friends with em anyway :ROFLMAO:

haha thats pretty much what im doing right now, just added songs to a playlist for him. I know he would love this shit but if he dont then bye bye

HBO by Mach Hommy on Soundcloud

The OME popped up on Fatbeats, $26.99 USD

Cross post

Can't go wrong with this track

Back