Hip Hop

Yeah, it's sad because while they're sitting idle, their competitors have been on the rise. They have a great roster of artists but restricting them from releasing albums is not the move. If I recall, that exact thing is what caused the whole snafu with Death Grips and Epic, the label wouldn't release NLDW the same year as The Money Store so they just leaked it themselves lol. I doubt anyone at TDE is going to do anything that extreme but it sucks for artists to not be able to freely but their work out. Makes me wonder if that's the hold up with Kendrick too?
It is sad but unfortunately thats where TDE the business and not the "Family" comes into play. Coronavirus got everything messed up this year. The weeknd was told to postpone After Hours and he flat out refused. Great move because that and Dua Lipa was basically my Lockdown Soundtrack lol. Kendrick I'm not so sure but other tde artists definitely makes sense to maximise the profits. Kendrick will make cash regardless

Anyone been seeing the stuff going on with TDE?
Yeah, it's sad because while they're sitting idle, their competitors have been on the rise. They have a great roster of artists but restricting them from releasing albums is not the move. If I recall, that exact thing is what caused the whole snafu with Death Grips and Epic, the label wouldn't release NLDW the same year as The Money Store so they just leaked it themselves lol. I doubt anyone at TDE is going to do anything that extreme but it sucks for artists to not be able to freely but their work out. Makes me wonder if that's the hold up with Kendrick too?

Kendrick planned to take off for his child but there is friction at the label. Someone needs to take Punchs twitter away. As one of the label heads hes lookin foolish af.

I am pretty convinced they were working on a label album like Dreamville to come before the albums started to roll out then everything got screwed with COVID. There were posse cut leaks and Mackwop hints. Nonetheless top is being a hoe. Let the music happen during these wild times instead of waiting for a money grab.

I've only listened to Nas through once. I think it's good, but not quite as high as everyone else seems to be on it (but I'm also notorious for hating everything on first listen anyway lol). I just think that it seems better than it is due to his recent outputs. So sure, I agree it's the best since Life Is Good, but that's not really a high bar either.

Has anyone been able to get in touch with Fat Beats customer support? Usually really good about getting back to me but it’s been close to a week.
I emailed earlier this week to try to combine shipping on two pre orders and have not got a response yet. Normally I get a response same day or the next
I just received a box that spent almost a month floating around and one of the items the sent was incorrect so i just reached out again. Last time I contacted them about the order (about 2 weeks ago) they got back to me in24 hours but referred to someone else (not my name) in the email - it was a little weird.

Also Been trying to get the DRW guy Bas to respond to emails for more than almost 2 months. He was nice enough to combine shipping on two orders but never refunded one of the shipping charges. Usually he's really good about getting back to you. I've emailed him like every two or three weeks and nuthin'.

I hate having to harass people just to respond to an email.

I have. I emailed them about my Sour Soul being damaged during shipping. It took them a week but they got back to me and shipped me another copy w/ tracking. I would say just be patient when waiting for a response.

It’s best to reach Bas from DRW through instagram direct message. He always responds on there. I know he gets a lot of DM’s so it may take in a few days to respond on ig.

Last edited:
Anyone spring for this? Listening now and I like his flow a lot (some big Kendrick vibes)

Last edited:
Back