Hip Hop

Yah I am pretty out of the loop when it comes to TI being terrible so this one was a serious "wtf" moment.
Out of touch rapper trying to play it off as being a "protective" dad. There was something else he did a few months back that was head scratching too. Not sure if it's a grasp at relevance or what.

Out of touch rapper trying to play it off as being a "protective" dad. There was something else he did a few months back that was head scratching too. Not sure if it's a grasp at relevance or what.

Its pretty messed up.
I just think wtf is he gonna do if its broken? Paid to get it put back ? sacrifice a puppy ? force her into nun school ? what is in the mind of these weirdos its just puzzling as.

not sure how much stock I put in that email but not much I can do, so I'll wait it out. my tracking is still in pre-shipment, so no change there at all.
I’ve dealt with Bert at Fat Beats a bunch and I’ve found him to be a straight shooter. And considering USPS shipped my order from L.A. to Greensboro, NC, back to me in L.A. and bent the damn thing in the process, I’d put my money on them as the blame.

I’ve dealt with Bert at Fat Beats a bunch and I’ve found him to be a straight shooter. And considering USPS shipped my order from L.A. to Greensboro, NC, back to me in L.A. and bent the damn thing in the process, I’d put my money on them as the blame.

Funny I've dealt with Bert over email and found him to be an absolute asshole. I had about 5 records that were all warped in a shipment and he refused to replace them because they were still "playable" on their equipment, while implying there was something wrong with my turntable. Maybe he's better in-person.

Re Yacht Rock:
Now the pre-shipment tracking # has disappeared from my informed delivery page and a new one has popped-up as coming from Los Angeles.

Funny I've dealt with Bert over email and found him to be an absolute asshole. I had about 5 records that were all warped in a shipment and he refused to replace them because they were still "playable" on their equipment, while implying there was something wrong with my turntable. Maybe he's better in-person.

Re Yacht Rock:
Now the pre-shipment tracking # has disappeared from my informed delivery page and a new one has popped-up as coming from Los Angeles.

Mine has moved out of pre-shipment, but now shows that it went from Los Angeles to Pittsburgh, PA....I am in Sacramento, CA so this makes no sense.

Re Yacht Rock:
Mine has moved out of pre-shipment, but now shows that it went from Los Angeles to Pittsburgh, PA....I am in Sacramento, CA so this makes no sense.
drats. mine is still in pre-shipment

to those waiting on their Blue YACHT ROCK 2, I just received this reply:

Thanks for reaching out! This one did actually ship week before last -- I packed and shipped this one myself and handed them off to our USPS bulk-pickup guy that same day.

We’ve had this issue with USPS occasionally when our shipping volume goes up, tracking occasionally takes a week or two to update. If you don't mind waiting until the top of next week to see if tracking updates, we’ll keep an eye on it for updates too, and if it doesn’t update, we'll go from there.

Let me know if that works on your end, and sorry about the delay!

-Bert

Where did you contact? Bandcamp? Still haven't heard back.

Pre-order just went up on Fatbeats for Large Professor's The LP Reissue. The only current pressings are pretty expensive and this one looks like it has some bonus material on it so I picked it up using a 20% discount code I had saved. Its pretty pricey but LP is one of my favorite producers and this album is dope. It's also going really fast so jump on it now if you want, less than 90 copies of 500 left according to the Source.

Slow week for music so far so here are some of the recent projects ive found on bandcamp.

Rahiem Supreme is from DC but reminds of the vibe coming out of Norfolk right now(Fly Anakin, Koncept Jackson, etc...). Laid back but has some nice bars.

Vinny Vindetta has a dark boom bap style.

Calig Kontra is classic underground, wordy, boom bap.

And Talaj KVMI is on some more experimental, stoner type shit.

Hope somebody finds something they like!

I stumbled on this podcast interview with WSG earlier today and really dug it. I don't know who these two dudes are but they seem connected in the industry and Gunn really kicks it super respectful and humble, despite all his bragging. I'm sure this had all been covered before in other interviews but there's a lot stuff covered in the interview that I hadn't heard him speak about before, so I found it pretty interesting overall.

if you got a couple of hours to kill and are interested I'd recommend checking it out.

Back