Hi-Fi furniture

It's a European 🇪🇺 manufacturer and they have all sorts of different designs. This model here retails for $1450 + tax but I could get it through my contact (dealer) for $1050 + tax 🤔

Ouch! That’s expensive for a €500 stand!

Id bet you could have something made custom from a local carpenter for less!

I wish but that's not option and I need something to put my gear on sooner ratherthan later...I agree it's not cheap but it's cheaper than Solidsteel at $1180 + tax plus shipping 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
It's a French/Danish 🇫🇷 🇩🇰 manufacturer of TV and Hi-FI furniture and they have all sorts of different designs. This model here retails for $1450 + tax but I could get it through my contact (dealer) for $1050 + tax 🤔
Nice discount, but discounts aren't everything. Something that's important to remember as you move towards long term gear. I would always rather pay a little more for the "right" piece vs getting a good deal on something and itching to replace it. Unless we're talking about HUGE price differences. I normally define that as over 50% difference. But I can't imagine that is too far off from something like Solidsteel.

Always a premium for shopping across the pond. I have a few Italian pieces now that would be considerably more affordable on that side of the world. But it's what I like best, so I just patiently wait for things to come up in good used condition or demo units.

I wish but that's not option and I need something to put my gear on sooner ratherthan later...I agree it's not cheap but it's cheaper than Solidsteel at $1800 + tax plus shipping 🤷‍♂️
Ouch, more of a difference than I was thinking. Looks like you've got some decisions to make.

Nice discount, but discounts aren't everything. Something that's important to remember as you move towards long term gear. I would always rather pay a little more for the "right" piece vs getting a good deal on something and itching to replace it. Unless we're talking about HUGE price differences. I normally define that as over 50% difference. But I can't imagine that is too far off from something like Solidsteel.
That's fair. Solidsteel is only slightly more expensive but the lead time to order which is 6-8 weeks definitely factors in.

Always a premium for shopping across the pond. I have a few Italian pieces now that would be considerably more affordable on that side of the world. But it's what I like best, so I just patiently wait for things to come up in good used condition or demo units.

Ouch, more of a difference than I was thinking. Looks like you've got some decisions to make.
That should of said 1180 and not 1800.

That's fair. Solidsteel is only slightly more expensive but the lead time to order which is 6-8 weeks definitely factors in.
Yeah, that lead time has a real life cost. Especially if your gear is just sitting on the floor. This is when decisions get really hard.

After much deliberation, I went ahead and purchased the NorStone Stäbbl HiFi audio stand in Bamboo. If there's no delays, I should have my new rack by the end of the week as they are distributed out of Toronto. 😀

can i ask what "top shelf capacity" means... just so i know if it means how much the TOP of the bookshelf can hold or how much the most a block of the vertical area of a shelf can do

Back